PokerNews is hiring for the following positions:
Live Reporting Blogger
PokerNews is looking for the addition of Live Reporting bloggers to its global leading team. We're seeking highly-motivated experienced writers with a knowledge of the poker world.
- Experienced writer
- Solid communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge of the poker industry and passion for the game
- Understanding of all forms of poker
- Work independently and be self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Provide real-time coverage of poker events from around the world
- Update readers on tournament progress, both general to the event and player-specific
- Work with Editorial team to recap events daily
- Interview players
LocationCandidates from all locations will be considered.
CompensationPer event basis.
To ApplyPlease send a cover letter and résumé with writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Live Reporting Blogger.
Intern - Editor
Do you have an interest in poker? Have you ever wanted to find out how the world's largest poker news site ticks? Well here's your chance. PokerNews is on the lookout for highly motivated people who love poker and want to learn more about the editorial process.
- Journalism majors preferred but not required
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and grammar skills
- Ability to work under pressure and stick to deadlines
- Knowledge of the poker industry
- Motivated to work independently or with a team
- Assisting the editorial team with any written content and projects
- Interview players
- Gain an understanding of the editorial process
LocationLas Vegas based candidates preferred but will consider candidates from all locations.
To ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume along with three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line: Intern - Editor.
iBus Sports Editor
The iBus Sports editor will be helping launch new verticals in the sports world focused on sports betting and fantasy sports. Our sports editor will be a digital media/sports junkie who has a solid network of global sports writers, knows what drives traffic and engagement in the digital age, and is unafraid to get their hands dirty with content creation/production themselves.
- Work closely with the Head of Content, and other vertical editors to shape the tone and voice of the fledgling sports brands
- Establish and maintain relationships with writers, producers, feed providers, SEO agencies and others to grow the brands.
- Develop an editorial calendar/schedule for each the sites various sports. (tennis, fantasy sports, soccer, basketball among launch sports)
- Conceive unique and interesting content ideas, and see those ideas through to publication.
- Must be an experienced writer/editor in the digital media space
- Solid communication and leadership skills
- A passion and knowledge for all sports
- Understanding of the sports betting world
- Understanding of SEO
- Works well in both a team environment, or independently
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Degree journalism, media preferred but not required.
Location: San Diego CA preferred, but willing to consider candidates from N. America and Europe.
Compensation: Based on Experience.
Please send a cover letter and résumé with to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line iBus Sports Editor.