PokerNews is hiring for the following positions:
Live Reporting Blogger
PokerNews is looking for the addition of Live Reporting bloggers to its global leading team. We're seeking highly-motivated experienced writers with a knowledge of the poker world.
- Experienced writer
- Solid communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge of the poker industry and passion for the game
- Understanding of all forms of poker
- Work independently and be self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Provide real-time coverage of poker events from around the world
- Update readers on tournament progress, both general to the event and player-specific
- Work with Editorial team to recap events daily
- Interview players
LocationCandidates from all locations will be considered.
CompensationPer event basis.
To ApplyPlease send a cover letter and résumé with writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line Live Reporting Blogger.
Intern - Editor
Do you have an interest in poker? Have you ever wanted to find out how the world's largest poker news site ticks? Well here's your chance. PokerNews is on the lookout for highly motivated people who love poker and want to learn more about the editorial process.
- Journalism majors preferred but not required
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and grammar skills
- Ability to work under pressure and stick to deadlines
- Knowledge of the poker industry
- Motivated to work independently or with a team
- Assisting the editorial team with any written content and projects
- Interview players
- Gain an understanding of the editorial process
LocationLas Vegas based candidates preferred but will consider candidates from all locations.
To ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume along with three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Intern - Editor.
Jr. Web Producer
The iBus Jr. Web Producer will work closely with all of iBus Media’s web properties including PokerNews.com, BookieSmash.com, CasinoSmash.com, MyStack, and others. This would be an entry level position ideal for a candidate interested in getting hands-on experience building and maintaining a series of web/mobile products.
The Jr. Web Producer needs to be a jack of all trades. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to understand the needs of all stakeholders; from the design/development team, to the content/SEO team, to our advertising clients, and most importantly our audience. This role will encompass a variety of both operational tasks and hand-on tasks such as copy-writing, SEO work and much more. Some additional responsibilities include:
- Pulling detailed Google Analytics reports
- Building presentations for internal, and external stakeholders
- Producing promotional material for web, app, email and more
- SEO research, and implementation
- Pitching, and negotiating with clients, vendors, etc…
- Organizing all elements of a project
- BA or BS, ideally with emphasis in communications, marketing, advertising, computer science or a related field
- Must be an experienced writer/editor
- Strong SEO best practice knowledge
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Experience with project management software, with the ability to learn a variety of other platforms such as Sharepoint, Basecamp, etc..
- Power Point, Photoshop, basic video editing, Axure experience are ideal
- Works well in both a team environment, or independently
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work on multiple projects, with teams spanning around the world
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
Location: San Diego CA is requested
Compensation: Based on Experience.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line Jr. Web Producer USA.