World Series of Poker Europe: Erik Cajelais Wins Bracelet
The third day of the £2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em/Omaha event of the World Series of Poker Europe began today with five players vying for the coveted gold bracelet. The chip counts started out the day like this:
Men Nguyen - 268,000
Mats Gavatin - 448,000
Robin Keston - 63,000
Richard Gryko - 329,000
Erik Cajelais - 81,000
Erik Cajelais started the day as the second shortest stack in the room but quickly doubled up when he called a preflop raise of 17,000 from Mats Gavatin. The flop brought the and the two got it all-in.
The came on the turn giving Cajelais the straight that held through the river and the double up to over 150,000.
Richard Gryko busted in fifth place taking home £26,619 when he tangled with Cajelais and his couldn't overcome Cajelais' .
Men "The Master" Nguyen was next to go, at the hands of, you guessed it, Erik Cajelais. All of the chips were in the middle preflop and Nguyen turned over and was looking good against Cajelais' . Nguyen was sitting pretty with the flop bringing him but the turn, , gave Cajelais a few more straight outs and he got there when the hit the river. Men walked away with £35,412 for his efforts.
Robin Keston was eliminated in third place and that was good for £47,858. Keston's pocket deuces couldn't beat Cajelais' set of kings, sending Keston to the rail.
Then there were two. Gavatin began the day as the chip leader but after Cajelais decided to run the other three off the table, he was sitting with a distinct chip disadvantage.
Gavatin tried a double up and it worked -- the first time. The second time he was not so lucky. Gavatin moved all in preflop and was called by Cajelais. The cards were turned over and Gavatin showed and Cajelais held . The flop, , was a good one for Cajelais. The turn brought the and the river,, filled his boat and we had a winner.
Mats Gavatin takes home £64,705 for second place and Erik Cajelais walks away with £104,677 and the gold bracelet. Congratulations Erik!
Follow PokerNews Live Reporting for the play by play of the rest of the events at the WOSPE. Event 3, £5,000 Pot Limit Omaha, is running now.
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
- Red Bull and the ISPT Announce Exclusive Partnership
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!