Jonathan Duhamel Puts 2011 Behind Him, Crushes 2012 PCA
In late December, 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event champion Jonathan Duhamel was the victim of a home invasion during which two men assaulted him and stole his money, black Rolex watch and 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event bracelet. To make matters worse, his ex-girlfriend Bianca Rojas-Latraverse, was an accomplice. She was charged with five offenses, including conspiracy, and her interrogation led to the capture of the two suspected assailants, Jon Stephan Clark-Lemay and André Robert-Perron. According to court documents, Perron was wearing the Rolex at the time of his arrest.
What a brilliant idea that was.
All in all, the end of 2011 was absolutely brutal for Duhamel, and during Day 1 of the 2012 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure $100,000 Super High Roller Event, it didn’t look like 2012 would be any better. At the end of Level 2, Duhamel was sitting in the big blind with , facing an opening raise to 2,600 from Viktor “Isildur1” Blom, and a three-bet to 10,500 from Isaac Haxton in the small blind. Duhamel four-bet to 24,200, Blom folded, Haxton five-bet to 42,200, Duhamel moved all-in for 205,000, and Haxton called with — (drum roll please) — . Two ladies. Ironic.
The queens held as the board ran , and Duhamel was the first player eliminated from the first six-figure buy in tournament of the year. If ever there was a time for the #whenwillitend hashtag, it was then.
Could things really get any worse for Duhamel?
Of course, there are people who will never feel sympathy for Main Event championa, especially when they crush souls like this, because if you win the Main Event, then you’ve exhausted your luck, your good fortune and your run good. You’re never ever allowed to complain about anything ever again, even if your house gets robbed and you’re assaulted. Suck it up, Mr. Main Event winner. Wash your sorrows down with the millions of dollars you binked.
This thought process is obviously ridiculous, and reserved only for the most thoughtless trolls, but it still exists.
Pages Previous Page 1 NextView as a single page
- Luke Graham Wins 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event for $228,600
- Steve Gross and Shawn Buchanan Win SCOOP Titles; Shaun Deeb Denied Again
- WPT on FSN Five Diamond Part I: Negreanu's Six Bullets & Esfandiari's Final Table Magic
- Seat Open: George Danzer Part Two
- The Sunday Briefing: David “MissOracle” Yan and Steve "betrthanphil" Tripp Win Majors
Most Popular This Week
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 2: Mercier Leads the Final Table
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!