PokerStars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 4: Ravn Leads Final Table
The chips from the eliminated players had to go somewhere, and the player who benefited the most was Aage Ravn, who bagged up 2,450,000 chips, nearly a million clear of second place. Ravn took care of Gerasimos Deres in 13th place when Ravn's held against the Deres' on a board. From there he won two sizable pots, without showdown, versus Steve O’Dwyer. Then there was one of the three crucial hands that occurred to find the final table bubble boy.
Ravn went up against Keld Volquardsen in a three-bet pot. Ravn was the aggressor in the hand and picked off an overbet from Volquardsen to soar past the two million mark. That left Volquardsen with an average stack and he was soon short when he paid off Rasmussen’s river bet and was shown a set. All of a sudden he was all-in with , called by Mickey Petersen, who was holding . The final board of the day ran out as and he was out in ninth for DKK140,000.
One of the stories of today was that of Michael Tureniec and the history he could make. It might’ve been mentioned once or twice that the EPT is still looking for its first double champion. Tureniec was not only still in the tournament with a great chance of being the first, but also the first to win two titles from the same stop, and the first to defend a title. He fell in 11th place, however, for DKK110,000 after his was flushed away by Bjorke Hansen's .
There is still plenty of talent at the final table though. O’Dwyer has been on a heater the past six months, winning more than $1.3 million including a second place finish at EPT London for $726,790. Mickey “mement_mori” Petersen is an online phenom and as is hoping to make his mark in the live arena on Saturday, representing Team PokerStars Online. Team PokerStars Pro Pierre Neuville has a second-place finish to his name at an EPT stop, and could one-up that with a win.
2012 EPT Copenhagen Final Table
|8||Niels van Alphen||644,000|
Play will resume at 1200 CET (0600 EST) Saturday when a winner will receive check for DKK2,515,000, a trophy, and a bracelet from Shamballa Jewels. Will we have the oldest winner of an EPT? Will we have the first winner from the Team Online stable? The only way to find out it to join us right back here on PokerNews where every major incident and bust-out will be covered.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
- Become a Bounty Hunter in the bet-at-home.com Bounty Brawl Freerolls
- Marcel Luske's International Poker Rules Association Launches Revamped Site, Mobile App
- Luke Graham Wins 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event for $228,600
- Steve Gross and Shawn Buchanan Win SCOOP Titles; Shaun Deeb Denied Again
- WPT on FSN Five Diamond Part I: Negreanu's Six Bullets & Esfandiari's Final Table Magic
Most Popular This Week
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 2: Mercier Leads the Final Table
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!