WSOP What To Watch For: Daniel Negreanu Goes for Fifth Bracelet
Another day at the 2012 World Series of Poker was completed last night. On Friday, just one event will have a final table and that's Event 5: $1,500 Pot-Limit Hold'em. The final table is a good one: it includes Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negreanu.
Negreanu Goes for Fifth WSOP Gold Bracelet
Negreanu has four WSOP gold bracelets to his credit and numerous final tables. He's easily in the top three of the most recognizable professionals and his name is commonplace in the homes of avid fans of poker. On Friday, Negreanu will enter the final table sixth in chips and is aiming to lock up his fifth WSOP gold bracelet.
Not only will Negreanu have eight other players to go through, but he'll also be double dipping once again. Negreanu made Day 2 of Event 6: $5,000 No-Limit Hold'em Mixed-Max and will need to juggle between the two just like he did the day before.
Vedes Works to Get Monkey Off His Back
Tommy Vedes has nearly $3.5 million in live tournament earnings, two World Poker Tour titles, a big side event win on the European Poker Tour and plenty of other accolades, but he doesn't have a WSOP gold bracelet yet. In fact, out of all the final tables Vedes has made over his career, he's only shown up twice at a WSOP final table. Will the third time be a charm? You'll have to follow along on PokerNews to find out.
Aguiar Looks to Win Gold and Break a Million
Jonathan Aguiar has under one million dollars in live tournament earnings, but claiming the first-place prize in this event of nearly $190,000 will put him into the seven-figure club. It will also be his first WSOP gold bracelet. Aguiar is making his second WSOP final table appearance ever. In 2008, he took sixth in a $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em event for over $130,000, so it's been a while since he's been in this position.
As always, you can find PokerNews' coverage of the 2012 WSOP on our Live Reporting Pages. We look forward to having you follow along and stay tuned for plenty more from our What To Watch For series.
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 2: Weinman Leads the Final 11
- Two Freerolls Down & Four to Go in our PokerAce Promotion!
- PokerStars SCOOP Promotion Closing Fast!
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!