2012-13 World Series of Poker Circuit Bossier City Day 1: Talley Takes Lead to Day 2
Action wrapped up Saturday night at the World Series of Poker Circuit Horseshoe Bossier City Main Event after two starting flights. The field totaled out at 396 players — 238 in the first flight and 158 in the second. Only 130 players made it out of Day 1 and Caufman Talley takes the lead into Day 2 with a stack of 264,700.
Talley is on a heater after winning Event #9 for $40,319. Midway through Day 1a of the Main Event, Talley hit 100,000 in chips and never looked back. Talley got all of his opponent’s chips on a board when he held pocket kings to beat his opponent’s pocket jacks.
Bringing up the chase pack are Bradley Lipsey, (208,000), Charles “Woody” Moore (188,800) Jay Diaz (144,800), Abraham Araya (137,800), Nick Johnson (136,300) and Richard Holt (134,000). Jason Brewer, Nick Johnson, David Nicholson, Corey Burbick, Kyle Cartwright, Seneca Easley, Mark Kroon, La Sengphet and Maurice Hawkins will also return to Day 2 with healthy chip stacks.
David Nicholson returns to Day 2 with just under 100,000 and is looking to defend the title he won here just over a year ago. In one hand he called an opponent’s all in holding two black tens and his opponent held . The board ran and that hand launched Nicholson to a six-figure chip count.
Mark Burford is another player who has moved on to Day 2. In the late stages of Day 1b he was the lucky recipient of a huge hand. After a flop of three players, including Burford, moved all in. Burford was ahead holding , Keith Lehr held and Mo Kahn held . With only five spades remaining in the deck the board completed , . Burford earned a full triple up and Lehr was eliminated.
John Dolan, Dwyte Pilgrim, TJ Cloutier, Raj Kattamuri, Layne Flack, David Clark, Ben Mintz, Cord Garcia and Rex Clinkscales are just a few of the players who came up short and will not join the field on Day 2.
Day 2 will have cards in the air promptly at 1200 CST (1800 BST) with the goal of playing down to final table. Follow all the WSOPC action live on Pokernews.com.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
- 2013 World Poker Tour Championship Day 3: Babakhani Leads, Eyes Back-to-Back Titles
- Become a Bounty Hunter in the bet-at-home.com Bounty Brawl Freerolls
- Marcel Luske's International Poker Rules Association Launches Revamped Site, Mobile App
- Luke Graham Wins 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event for $228,600
- Steve Gross and Shawn Buchanan Win SCOOP Titles; Shaun Deeb Denied Again
Most Popular This Week
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 2: Mercier Leads the Final Table
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!