2012-13 World Series of Poker Circuit Horseshoe Southern Indiana Day 2: Eveslage Leads
Day 2 of the World Series of Poker Circuit presented by Southern Comfort 100 Proof Horseshoe Southern Indian Main Event wrapped after a long 13-hour day. Of the 140 players who returned only 21 remain and leading the charge with a stack of 840,000 is Chad Eveslage.
Jason Stanford (599,000), John Tate (516,000) and Sean Winter (470,000) form the chase pack behind Evelsage. Charles Furey, Kevin Davis, Ilias Kellikidis, and Dan Heimiller are also in contention to make some noise on Monday.
There was a rough start to Day 2 including redraw problems and a train delay — yes, a train delay. The highway that leads to the casino was blocked by stopped freight train that caused many of the local players a delay in arriving on time.
Once cards hit the air, there was action as usual. The money didn't burst until two levels after returning from dinner. Robert Scott was the unfortunate player who was the last to be eliminated without receiving a payout.
Kathy Liebert is the short stack after bagging up 89,000. Yussi Azulay, Kenny Nguyen, Tim Chang, and Stephen Boker join Liebert at the bottom of the counts.
Midway through the day Liebert went on a tear for a level and half. She went from a slightly below average stack to one of the leaders after doubling through Sean Winter. Then she picked up pocket aces and got all of her chips in on the turn of a board reading . The river brought the and Leibert's aces bested her opponent's pocket eights. However, for the remainder of the day her chip stack started trending downward and she finished as the short stack.
Rounding out the field are Bryan Dillon, Neil Harding, Aaron Kerns, Joseph Worth, Ki Kim, Drennon Rackley, Jonathan Taylor, and Bryan Williams.
Top 10 Chip Counts Heading into Day 3
Cards will be in the air promptly at 1300 EST (1800 BST). Follow all the action as play progresses to a winner on Pokernews.com.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
- Benny Spindler, Sami Kelopuro and Ana Marquez All Capture SCOOP Titles
- WPT on FSN Five Diamond Part I: Negreanu's Six Bullets & Esfandiari's Final Table Magic
- The Online Railbird Report: The Professionals Dominate with $1.5M Wins
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!