2012 PokerStars.net ANZPT Season 5 Melbourne Day 2: Final Table Set; Ashley Warner Leads
The second day of the PokerStars.net Australia New Zealand Poker Tour began at 12:30 p.m. AEDT, but it didn't end until 5:30 a.m. AEDT. Nine players showed true stamina, focus, and determination and they will get a well deserved eight-hour break heading into the final table. Ashley Warner emerged as the chip leader of the final table, but Peter Matusik, chasing his second ANZPT title, is close behind, in second place.
Day 2 began with 141 players from an original starting field of 345, and right from the start there was plenty of action. Daniel Neilson managed to grab a quick double up, but was eliminated shortly thereafter. Tony Hachem began the day with very few chips and didn't recover. He ran with pocket sevens into eights and was eliminated; meanwhile, Luis Arrilucea grabbed an early lead.
Team PokerStars Pro Angel Guillen began the day short on chips and was eliminated when he moved all in with sixes. His hand failed to improve against the pocket jacks of his opponent and Guillen made his way to the rail.
After the players were in the money, Team PokerStars Pro Bryan Huang clashed with Billy Jordanou, who began the day as the chip leader. The hand against Huang crippled Jordanou, and just a few hands later he busted in 22nd place.
The pot with the biggest impact was played between Ashley Warner and Hugh Cohen. Warner flopped a set and Cohen had a straight. The chips went in, and Warner ended up hitting quads on the turn. He won, and took a commanding lead. Cohen was knocked out in 13th place, getting the field closer to the official final table.
The final Team PokerStars Pro, Bryan Huang, was knocked out in 12th place. He ran ace-ten into ace-queen and just fell short of the final table. The final table bubble ended up taking a long time to burst, but eventually Tam Truong was eliminated and the final table was set.
2012 ANZPT Melbourne Final Table
|2||Michael Lo Giudice||1,071,000|
The final table will begin at 1400 AEDT, Monday (2000 PDT, Sunday), so be sure to keep it locked to PokerNews.com for live updates of all the action at the ANZPT Melbourne final table.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
*Photo courtesy of Heath Chick for PokerAsiaPacific
- PokerStars SCOOP Promotion Closing Fast!
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 1b: Rahul Deevara Leads
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!