2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's Rincon Day 2: Edmund Liu Leads Final Table
Day 2 was a relatively short day for play in the 2012-13 World Series of Poker Circuit Harrah's Rincon Main Event. Action started with 43 players, and after eight hours of play, the final table was reached. Leading the way was Edmund Liu, who will come into Monday's final with 1,560,000 in chips. Not far behind was former WSOP November Niner Soi Nguyen with 1,330,000. The final table also includes pros David Randall and Lynda Tran.
WSOP-C Harrah's Rincon Final Table
Ten unfortunate players came into the poker room today and walked away empty-handed. The bubble boy was young pro Shawn Daniels, whose fell to the pocket tens of Kenna James. James flopped a set, and Daniels couldn't catch up.
Following Daniels out the door were Loni Harwood (33rd), Eric Baldwin (31st), James (27th) and David Singontiko (24th), among several others.
Liu took control of the tournament after he was given an early Christmas present with 14 players left. Liu raised it up to 25,000 in late position, and Arthur Hahn defended his big blind. Hahn checked in the dark before the flop came out , and Liu checked behind. Both players also checked when the turn brought the , and the river was the . Hahn open shoved all in for 207,000, even though only 55,000 was in the pot. Liu took only about 10 seconds to call.
Liu's trip kings picked off the bluff of Hahn, who was eliminated in 14th place.
When play got down to ten players, Artem Invanenko was eliminated on the final table bubble when his failed to beat Randall's .
With the final nine set, Monday's action should be very exciting. With the players getting an early day on Day, all will have plenty of time to rest before the 12 p.m. PT restart. Everyone left has locked up a minimum of $9,956, but all will be gunning for the $107,862 top prize. Along with that prize comes the coveted WSOP Circuit gold ring and a seat in the nationally televised Southern Comfort 100 Proof World Series of Poker National Championship to be held at Harrah’s New Orleans from May 21 to 23, 2013. Be sure to come back to the PokerNews Live Reporting pages for all of the action on Monday.
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
- Red Bull and the ISPT Announce Exclusive Partnership
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!