World Poker Tour Prague Day 3: Tony Chang Leads Final 22
Friday was Day 3 of the PartyPoker World Poker Tour Prague, and it was one that saw the remaining field of 78 players whittled down to 22. At the end of the day's play, Tony Chang was on top with 2.173 million in chips.
WPT Prague Day 3 Top 10 Chip Counts
Much like the former chip leaders of this event, Chang claimed a nice amount of chips near the end of the night to solidify himself at the top of the pack. During Level 18 with the blinds at 3,000/6,000/1,000, Chang had the in an all-in confrontation with Lucille Cailly. She held a dominated and was eliminated on the board.
With 78 players returning to action and 72 making the money, Day 3 was the day of the bubble. That would happen during Level 16 with the blinds at 2,000/4,000/500, and it was Dimitry Grishin who fell in 73rd place to 2011 World Series of Poker Europe Main Event champion Elio Fox.
On the hand that would burst the bubble, Grishin was all in preflop with against the for Fox. After a board of , Grishin headed out the door as the remaining field played on into the money.
From there, several notables fell and began filing at the payout desk. Keven Stammen (60th – $7,570), Juha Helppi (58th – $7,570), Elisabeth Hille (50th – $9,043), Manuel Bevand (36th – ($12,197), Toby Lewis (26th – $14,087) and Byron Kaverman (25th – $14,087) were some of the names who headed out the door before the end of the day.
Shannon Shorr was the last player eliminated on the day, falling in 23rd place for $15,978 after losing a flip to Yann Dion.
Of those still remaining, but not in the top 10 listed above, you have Kevin MacPhee (697,000), Lars Bonding (531,000), Dermot Blain (480,000), Fabian Quoss (279,000) and the short stack Jason Mercier (214,000).
Day 4 of the PartyPoker WPT Prague will begin on Saturday at 1300 CET (0700 ET), and the field will play down to the WPT final table of six. After play ends, you will be able to find a daily recap right here on PokerNews.
Data and photo courtesy of WorldPokerTour.com.
Interested in getting in on the action? Check out our PartyPoker review page today and take advantage!
- The $15K Spring Freeroll Series and $5K RakeChase Are Still Running at Titan Poker!
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!