Poker Run for the Bears
Palmetto Ridge High School will hold its Inaugural Poker Run, Sunday, Nov. 16, to benefit the high school's All Sports Booster Club.
The event will begin at 7:45 a.m. with a Blessing of the Bikes at Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 8200 Immokalee Road. A breakfast will follow at Mel's Diner on Collier Boulevard, followed by stops at the Swamp Buggy Grill, Stan's on Goodland, Strikes & Spares, Pelican Larry's and concluding with a barbecue dinner at Harley Davidson of Naples on Pine Ridge Road.
During a Poker Run, bikers draw a card from a deck at each stop and enjoy food and non-alcoholic drinks. At the sixth stop, they receive their last card, then show their hand at the seventh stop. The event will also include a raffle and bike contest.
Bike rentals are available for those who do not have motorcycles and a trolley will be available for non-bike riders.
There is an entry fee per participant. For more information, call 340-1655.
For bike rental information, call 594-5504.
For trolley information, call 340-1657.
In this Series
- 1 Five Thoughts: Massive WCOOP Main Event, Records Fall in Montreal, and More
- 2 Five Thoughts: EPT London, WPT Announces the 2014 Schedule, PPC Aruba, and More
- 3 Five Thoughts: Team888 Wins First Two WSOPE Bracelets, EPT10 London Wrap Up, and More
- 4 Five Thoughts: 2013 Class of the Poker Hall of Fame, WSOPE Winners, and More
- 5 Five Thoughts: The WSOP Player of the Year Award, World Poker Tour Alpha8, and More
- 6 Five Thoughts: Riess "The Beast" Wins the WSOP Main Event, Twitter Hate, and More
- 7 Five Thoughts: Let's partypoker Like It's 2006
- 8 Five Thoughts: Gruissem Goes Back-to-Back, Main Event Champ Sells Out, and More
- 9 Five Thoughts: Crown Teams Up with PokerStars, a New Intl' WSOP Schedule, and More
- 10 Five Thoughts: Failed Robberies, Mizzi Wins Premier League VII, and More
- 11 Five Thoughts: Reentry Events, WSOP.com Rakeback Issues, Riess on Gameday, and More
- 12 Five Thoughts: Dwan and Full Tilt Split, Schemion Pips Negreanu, Rounders 2, and More
- 13 Five Thoughts: Recapping the 2014 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure
- 14 Five Thoughts: Counterfeit Chips at Borgata, Ivey League Training, and More
- 15 Five Thoughts: Lusardi and Borgata, Full Tilt Poker Refunds, a $50M Guarantee, and More
- 16 Five Thoughts: The Argument in Favor of Super High Rollers and an Aussie Millions Wrap
- 17 Five Thoughts: 2014 World Series of Poker Schedule, More Chip Issues, and Dan Shak
- 18 Five Thoughts: Full Tilt Repayments, Interstate Online Poker, Hellmuth's Beef, and More
- 19 Five Thoughts: First Card Off the Deck, Laptop Scams in Barca, The Croc Wins, and More
- 20 Five Thoughts: WSOP.com Set to Launch, Lehavot's Selling Action, Ivey's Edge, and More
- 21 Five Thoughts: The Passing of Jerry Buss, the WSOP Schedule, and More
- 22 Five Thoughts: If You Can’t Beat Them, Call Them a Business Built on Deceit
- 23 Five Thoughts: Raymer's Arrest, Volpe's Million, Visser's Victory, and More
- 24 Five Thoughts: Shak Attack
- 25 Five Thoughts: Determining The Best Poker Players
- 26 Five Thoughts: Bitar's Plea, WSOP APAC, Saul Ships, and Blom's Swings
- 27 Five Thoughts: WSOP Bracelets for Ivey and Negreanu
- 28 Five Thoughts: Ultimate Poker Deals a Real-Money Hand of Poker in Nevada, and More
- 29 Five Thoughts: O'Dwyer Rules, Silverman Tries the Gauntlet and Ivey Suing Crockfords
- 30 Five Thoughts: The First Week of the 2013 World Series of Poker
- 31 Five Thoughts: Two-Time WSOP Bracelet Winners, Bax's Poker Legacy, and More
- 32 Five Thoughts: Donkey Bombing the World Series of Poker
- 33 Five Thoughts: One Drop Breaks Record for Largest High Roller Ever
- 34 Five Thoughts: Brunson Plays, Female Wins an Open Event, and More from the 2013 WSOP
- 35 Five Thoughts: Another Big Main Event, Harwood's Success, the POY Race, and More
- 36 Five Thoughts: Another Woman Comes Close, the WPT Alpha8 and a Mob-Like Acquisition
- 37 Five Thoughts: Bredin Overcomes the Odds, Perkins Tweets, Ivey Acts Goofy, and More
- 38 Five Thoughts: Polk Gets Hacked, Galway Falls Short, Steinberg Talks Strat, and More
- 39 Five Thoughts: Full Tilt Money, Savage's Spine, Another Tournament Overlay, and More
- 40 Five Thoughts: $10 Million Guarantee Smashed, Alpha8, Ultimate Poker, and More
- 41 Five Thoughts: EPT Barcelona, Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Wraps Up, and More
- 42 Five Thoughts: Do You Believe in Magic?
- 43 Poker Run for the Bears