Top Pair Podcast 303: Interview w/ New Home Game Player Shannon Mack
In episode 303 of the Top Pair Home Game Poker Podcast, Bruce Briggs and Robbie Strazynski interview Shannon Mack, who has just played in his first ever home poker game after years of playing in casino poker rooms.
The hosts also dig into the mailbag to share some amazing letters from a couple of really fantastic longtime listeners, who have some great home game stories to share. Moreover, the colorful “Jimmy the Chair” pays a visit, along with a funny One Outer.
And, of course, Robbie and Bruce will catch you up on how they’re faring at the home game tables in the always entertaining “How Ya’ Runnin’?” segment, which includes a heartwarming story about playing poker… in the hospital.
Show Time Stamps
|1:09–18:49||How Ya Runnin?|
|Bruce||Enjoying 20% ROI in home games! Also, an interesting and unique hand situation in which the “verbal is binding” rule is put to the test.|
|Robbie||Enjoying a three-game winning streak, plus taking part in a very special “home game” that took place in the hospital. Also, traveling to Los Angeles to attend the American Poker Awards…and play in the big LA card rooms.|
|19:22–35:40||Congrats, You Made the Show!|
|19:47||An email from Adam from Columbus, Ohio. Falling in love with poker all over again post-2017 WSOP after a years-long break, specifically thanks, in part, to the Top Pair Home Game Poker Podcast.|
|28:39||An email from Cody, from Nashville, Tennessee. Input on tracking poker stats, why and how it’s beneficial, and recommending the RunGood poker results tracking app.|
|36:24–58:07||Just a Few Folks Coming Over (Interview with a home game player)|
|36:32||Interview with Shannon Mack, from Minnesota. He’s been part of a local MeetUp group for over four years, has been studying poker theory for years, and has played in many brick and mortar casino poker rooms… but on Super Bowl Sunday he attended a home game for the first time! We hear all about his experiences.|
|51:40||The story of “Jimmy the Chair,” a great home game-esque tale, brought to you by Lee Jones, of PokerStars.|
|58:15||One Outer – Who gets the extra chip? Your stack of quarters ...|
*First 296 episodes are archived and available at www.toppair.net
Be sure to complete your PokerNews experience by checking out an overview of our mobile and tablet apps here. Stay on top of the poker world from your phone with our mobile iOS and Android app, or fire up our iPad app on your tablet. You can also update your own chip counts from poker tournaments around the world with MyStack on both Android and iOS.
In this Series
- 1 Top Pair Podcast 297: Welcome to PokerNews; Sarah Herring Interview
- 2 Top Pair Podcast 298: Mixed Games - The Rules of... "Scrotum"
- 3 Top Pair Podcast 299: Interview with Bernard Lee
- 4 Top Pair Podcast 300: Sean Chaffin Talks 'True Gambling Stories'
- 5 Top Pair Podcast 301: When a Poker Noob Wins a Bad Beat Jackpot
- 6 Top Pair Podcast 302: Interview with Chris Moneymaker
- 7 Top Pair Podcast 303: Interview w/ New Home Game Player Shannon Mack
- 8 Top Pair Podcast 304: For a Successful Home Game, Just Stay Calm!
- 9 Top Pair Podcast 305: Interview with John Hesp
- 10 Top Pair Podcast 306: Who's At Your Ultimate Fantasy Home Poker Game?
- 11 Top Pair Podcast 307: Interview with Scott Blumstein
- 12 Top Pair Podcast 308: The Ultimate Ladies Home Poker Game
- 13 Top Pair Podcast 309: Home Game Dealing, Shuffling, and Tipping
- 14 Top Pair Podcast 310: Interview With Lupe Soto
- 15 Top Pair Podcast 311: WPT TOC, SHRB, Short Deck, and Bad Beats Aplenty
- 16 Top Pair Podcast 312: Interview with Aria Poker Room's Mike Williams
- 17 Top Pair Podcast 313: Behind the Scenes at the 2018 WSOP Main Event
- 18 Top Pair Podcast 314: Interview with Faded Spade Playing Cards founder Tom Wheaton
- 19 Top Pair Podcast 315: What American Poker Players Can Expect in Europe