The Muck: Kuraitis, Stones Lash Out After Twitter Silence
The court case may have wrapped up but the court of public opinion isn't done with the story of Mike Postle and his underhanded exploits at the poker tables of Stones Gambling Hall.
And at least one of the alleged antagonists is refusing to stay silent.
House tournament director Justin Kuraitis and the official Stones Twitter account have been on the warpath in the days following the settlement of the civil case by a majority of the plaintiffs. PokerNews was able to report today that $40,000 was paid out by the venue in that settlement.
Unsatisfied by the somewhat quiet ending with a nominal payment to the affected parties, the poker community has been voicing plenty of displeasure on Twitter. And both Stones and Kuraitis have been responding in kind.
A Year of Pent-Up Tweets
Following the initial breaking of the story, last October, Kuraitis tweeted that Stones would be suspending its livestreamed cash games on Oct. 2. After that, his account went silent until just days ago, when he retweeted the local newspaper's story about the settlement.
At first, he merely responded to tweets directed his way by reposting the story. He then proceeded to maintain Postle's innocence, and that all of the evidence against him was "cherry-picked."
@VanessaKade @Joeingram1 @Angry_Polak @DougPolkVids @mac_verstandig @Mike_Postle @MarleCordeiro @RealKidPoker… https://t.co/Xmv5RJFGBz— Justin Kuraitis (@JFKPokerTD)
@SpencerHeckwolf @Joeingram1 @Angry_Polak @DougPolkVids @mac_verstandig @Mike_Postle @MarleCordeiro @RealKidPoker… https://t.co/YCYJCQSmY5— Justin Kuraitis (@JFKPokerTD)
Postle has some of his best sessions when I am out of the country and 2 of his 3 biggest losing sessions are when I… https://t.co/Li0e0OhJHR— Justin Kuraitis (@JFKPokerTD)
After that, though, things began to get heated. Kuraitis wasn't shy about letting people know that he felt vindicated and he believed the statement from VerStandig removed all doubt about his innocence.
@VanessaSelbst @RounderLife @AndreAceHigh1 @dawgboy_4life @hylen26 @Joeingram1 @Angry_Polak @DougPolkVids… https://t.co/INY3bTbifw— Justin Kuraitis (@JFKPokerTD)
@ToddWitteles @pauls551 @VanessaSelbst @RounderLife @AndreAceHigh1 @dawgboy_4life @hylen26 @Joeingram1 @Angry_Polak… https://t.co/xPeLb5fMtO— Justin Kuraitis (@JFKPokerTD)
Stones Account Active as Well
The gloating wasn't limited to Kuraitis' account, either. The official Stones account has taken a very similar tack, with tweets that have mimicked Kuraitis' in both tone and content.
@TenEightSuited Simply an act of good faith. Plus, you are confusing settling with agreeing with the plaintiff, rat… https://t.co/OTQQPOK2WK— Stones Gambling Hall (@StonesGambling)
@pauls551 @123Matt @Joeingram1 We’re not bragging, merely restating the facts. We haven’t had the opportunity to re… https://t.co/rRIhpOIP1w— Stones Gambling Hall (@StonesGambling)
It seems if Kuraitis really is "guilty until proven innocent" as his Twitter bio proclaims, it's a role he's decided to embrace with his antagonistic Twitter attitude.
In this Series
- 1 Mike Postle Accused of Cheating During Livestreamed Cash Games
- 2 10 Suspicious Hands Played by Mike Postle on Livestream
- 3 Stones Gambling Hall Suspends All Poker Broadcasts Following Alleged Cheating
- 4 Stones Launches Investigation Into Postle Cheating Saga
- 5 PokerNews Podcast: Stones Scandal
- 6 Mike Postle Goes on Mike Matusow's 'The Mouthpiece' Podcast, Denies Cheating
- 7 LATB, WSOP, PokerStars, and More on Security of Their Livestreams
- 8 Mike Postle, Stones Parties Hit With $10M Lawsuit
- 9 Graphics Company Reacts to Mike Postle Cheating Allegations Saga
- 10 Watch List: Investigative Videos Mike Postle Cheating Allegations
- 11 Watch Whistleblower Veronica Brill on Joey Ingram's Podcast
- 12 PokerNews Podcast: Jeff Boski on Postle Scandal
- 13 Mike Postle's Lawyer: "I Know Such Streaks Are Possible"
- 14 The Postle Lawsuit is Not as Clear Cut As It May Seem
- 15 Top 10 Stories of 2019: Mike Postle Caught Cheating on Livestream
- 16 Mike Postle Accused of Avoiding Court Summons
- 17 Mike Postle Files, Possibly Leaks Own Motion to Dismiss
- 18 Marle Cordeiro Files Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Seeking $250K
- 19 Stones in New Motion to Dismiss Mike Postle Lawsuit: “Casinos Do Not Owe a General Duty of Care to Gamblers"
- 20 Motion for Sanctions Filed Against Mike Postle; Latest on Motion to Dismiss
- 21 Plaintiffs Respond to Stones & Justin Kuraitis Motions to Dismiss in Mike Postle Case
- 22 PokerNews-Op Ed: Postle Tightlipped in Oral Arguments, Motion to Dismiss Outcome a Coinflip
- 23 Plaintiffs' Case Against Mike Postle, Stones Dismissed by Judge
- 24 Plaintiff's Lawyer Offers a Reflection on the Stones/Mike Postle Ruling
- 25 Judge Dismisses Marle Cordeiro’s Case Against Mike Postle for Lack of Jurisdiction
- 26 Settlement Finalized for 60 Plaintiffs in Case With Stones, Kuraitis
- 27 Mike Postle, Justin Kuraitis Break Silences in Wake of Settlement
- 28 Leaked Term Sheet Reveals Details Regarding Stones/Kuraitis Settlement; Plaintiffs Paid $40,000
- 29 The Muck: Kuraitis, Stones Lash Out After Twitter Silence
- 30 Plaintiff's Counsel Maurice "Mac" VerStandig Reflects on the Mike Postle Litigation
- 31 Galfond, Berkey Helping Propel Research into Mike Postle's Play