Cheong, Foxen & Kade Thrive on Day 1a of Wynn Millions; Negreanu Struggles
Table Of Contents
On Friday, the highly-anticipated $10,000 buy-in, $10,000,000 GTD Wynn Millions got underway. The first of three starting flights attracted 263 runners, but after 10 levels of play, 92 remained with Peter Braglia and his stack of 321,500 leading the way. Not far behind were Cliff Josephy (317,000) and Joseph Cheong (301,500).
Others to bag big stacks were Cliff Josephy (317,000), Alex Foxen (295,500), and Jerald Saeman (280,000), who round out the top five. They were joined by Jason Koon (236,500), Vanessa Kade (168,000), Dan Smith (160,000), Ryan Riess (121,500), Chance Kornuth (113,500), Jason Somerville (105,500), Tony Dunst (90,500), David Peters (81,000), and Nick Schulman (74,000).
Wynn Millions Day 1a Top 10 Chip Counts
|1||Peter Braglia||United States||321,500|
|2||Cliff Josephy||United States||317,000|
|3||Joseph Cheong||United States||301,500|
|4||Alex Foxen||United States||295,500|
|5||Jerald Saeman||United States||280,000|
|6||Aram Zobian||United States||249,500|
|7||Matthew Ploof||United States||238,000|
|8||Jason Koon||United States||236,500|
|9||Dylan Smith||United States||232,500|
|10||James Calderaro||United States||211,500|
The PokerNews team is on the floor providing all the live updates from the Wynn Millions. Check them here!
Negreanu, Seidel, Konnikova Among Eliminations
Of course, not everyone was fortunate enough to advance to Day 2. Among those to fall were Andrew Lichtenberger, Brock Wilson, Jared Bleznick, Chris Brewer, Frank Funaro, Erik Seidel, Maria Konnikova, Shaun Deeb, Kristen Bicknell, 2020 WSOP champ Damian Salas, and GGPoker Ambassador Daniel Negreanu.
Negreanu actually busted the tournament twice, which was somewhat of a surprise given he doubled in Level 1 after making quad queens. However, his hot start cooled as he busted his first bullet in Level 2 in a particularly brutal hand.
There was four-way action that saw a flop and Nitis Udornpim continued for 1,500. Negreanu raised to 5,500 and all three opponents called bringing the turn.
Action was checked to the player in middle position who fired out 1,600 and Negreanu raised all in. Action folded to Udornpim who came over the top and isolated.
Negreanu was ahead after flopping a set of fives but a completed the board on the river, giving Udornpim a better full house and sent Negreanu to the rebuy desk.
The GGPoker ambassador's second bullet didn’t go any better and he exhausted his single re-entry per flight option two levels later.
The good news is that he and others have a chance to try again as there are still two more starting flights to go with Days 1b and 1c at Noon local time on Saturday and Sunday respectively. PokerNews will be on-site to capture all the action throughout the six-day long tournament, so be sure to tune in all weekend long into next week.
Executive Editor US, PokerNews Podcast co-host & 2013 WSOP Bracelet Winner.
In this Series
- 1 $10K Buy-In, $10M GTD Wynn Millions Tournament Announced for June 25-July 3
- 2 Cheong, Foxen & Kade Thrive on Day 1a of Wynn Millions; Negreanu Struggles
- 3 Bryn Kenney Leads Day 1b of Wynn Millions $10M GTD; Johnny Chan Fails to Survive
- 4 Five Poker Hall of Famers Among Those to Advance from Day 1c of Wynn Millions
- 5 Wynn Millions Massacre: Foxen Eliminates Kenney in Brutal Quads-Over-Boat Cooler
- 6 Wynn Millions Day 2ab: Mosley Leads as 76 Advance; Foxen Crushes & Cada Falls
- 7 Daniel Negreanu Builds Stack on Day 2c of Wynn Millions; Frank Funaro in Lead
- 8 Wynn Millions: Ari Engel Wins Monster Straight-Flush-Over-Straight-Flush Pot
- 9 Maria Ho Bags Big w/ 61 Remaining in Wynn Millions; Negreanu Eliminated
- 10 Wynn Winter Classic Schedule Announced; PokerNews to Report Mystery Bounty Thursday