Kempe Enjoys Sunday to Remember at GGPoker
Table Of Contents
Rainer Kempe enjoyed himself at GGPoker on September 26, as would you had you finished second in a $2,100 bounty tournament and signed off your session with victory in a $210 PKO event.
Kempe's runner-up finish came with his largest prize, courtesy of that bridesmaid finish being in the $2,100 Sunday High Rollers Heater Bounty Turbo. Ninety-eight players bought in, ensuring the $150,000 guarantee was surpassed by $46,000; the top 13 finishers secured payouts from the main prize pool.
Francois Billard, Artur Martirosian, and Marius Gierse were the first three players to finish in the money places, with "PERUYI" falling in tenth and bursting the final table bubble.
What a final table it was. Stellar names littered the final nine, including the likes of Joakim Andersson, Milos Petakovic, and British star Jonathan Proudfoot. Nick Maimone was the last player not to bank five-figure for his efforts; he walked away with $7,232 having failed to secure a single scalp on his way to finishing in sixth place.
uruguya's "renapo" fell in fifth for $17,063 before "Callmejackie" and Damian Salas bowed out, the latter's exit sending the tournament into the heads up stage.
Kempe and Juanki "Little Pepe" Vecino fought one-on-one for the title and the now huge final bounty payment. Kempe could not quite get the job done and had to settle for second-place, which came with a combined prize of $21,930. Vecino walked away with $46,481 for his efforts, $30,968 of which stemmed from the bounties he collected.
$2,100 Sunday High Rollers Heater Bounty Turbo Final Table Results
|1||Juanki "Little Pepe" Vecino||Estonia||$30,968||$46,481|
|7||Jonathan Proudfoot||United Kingdom||$||$5,976|
Kempe Makes Amends Late In The Evening
A player of Kempe's caliber is never happy with finishing second, so he set about making amends for that runner-up finish. He was one of 317 players who bought into the $210 Sunday Last Call Bounty Hyper as September 26 drew to a close. It turned out to be a solid decision on Kempe's part because he came out on top and reeled in $11,008.
Again, like the $2,100 tournament, Kempe finished second in, this final table was a star-studded affair. It was the home to such luminaries as Mikhail "playforfan" Galitckiy, Sebastian Sikorski, and Nicolo Molinelli, who finished sixth.
Ireland-based grinder Augusto "the doge" Evangelisti bowed out in fourth, before Canada's "[email protected]" busted in third for $5,423, leaving Kempe heads-up again, this time against Brazil's "riskgambler."
Kempe sent his Brazilian opponent to the sidelines and secured a total prize worth $11,008, leaving riskgambler to head into the night with $5,191 consolation money.
$210 Sunday Last Call Bounty Hyper Final Table Results
|4||Augusto "the doge" Evangelisti||Ireland||$723||$3,142|
|9||Mikhail "playforfan" Galitckiy||Russia||$609||$1,251|
Other Highlights From GGPoker on September 26
- Karl "HotBoy19" Mets - first-place in the $1,050 GGMasters High Rollers for $140,355
- Peter Turmezey - first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event for $81,849
- Vinicius "RealGanjaBoy" Miranda - first-place in the $105 Bounty MILLION$ for $67,506*
- Belarmino Souza - first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $57,510
- Chris Puetz - first-place in the $250 Sunday Main Event for $35,065
- Paulo "Agorist" Brombim - first-place in the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $29,406*
- Ivan "Cordialement" Deyra - first-place in the $315 Sunday Bounty King for $28,548*
- Michael "MarathonOG" Carter - first-place in the $525 Sunday High Rollers Special for $27,058
- Snir "kazanova2020" Bechor - first-place in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Encore for $24,300*
*includes bounty payments