Ramsey Stovall Wins First Bracelet In 2022 WSOP $1,000 Super Turbo Bounty ($191,223)
Table Of Contents
After 15 hours of play it was poker dealer Ramsey Stovall who outlasted the field of 2,227, including defeating Timothy Heng heads up for $191,223 of the $1,313,930 prize pool in Event #41: $1,000 Super Bounty No-Limit Hold’em at the 2022 World Series of Poker at Bally’s and Paris Las Vegas Nevada.
“It hasn’t quite sunk in,” an elated Stovall said, “I was supposed to work today, but my manager told me to ‘go get' em’ and come in on your day off instead.” Stovall came into the final table as the second-largest stack and, after eliminating two players in one hand, knocked out four out of the five other players in the tournament. He went into heads up with a commanding lead and ended it in only five hands.
Stovall’s rail erupted into cheers as his pocket sevens held against Heng’s ace-five and swarmed around him in a giant group hug. “I couldn’t have asked for a better rail,” the newest bracelet winner mentioned with a rail of friends and family surrounding him.
Event #41: $1,000 Super Turbo Bounty Final Table Results
|1st||Ramsey Stovall||United States||$191,268|
|2nd||Timothy Heng||United States||$118,213|
|3rd||Steve Frakes||United States||$87,047|
|4th||Wing Yam||United States||$64,702|
|5th||Larry Carillo||United States||$48,551|
|6th||Rafael Lebron||United States||$36,782|
|7th||Ed Chang||United States||$28,136|
|9th||Wen Ni||United States||$16,953|
[VIDEO][CASINOGAMES] ------------ url=https://gtly.to/8aGreaNjo img=https://pnimg.net/w/casinogames/1/622/1c3d297130.png cta=PLAY NOW title=BUFFALO BLITZ II tnc=false ------------ url=https://gtly.to/8aGreaNjo img=https://pnimg.net/w/casinogames/1/622/1c3dd1582f.png cta=PLAY NOW title=THE LAST EMPRESS tnc=false ------------ url=https://gtly.to/8aGreaNjo img=https://pnimg.net/w/casinogames/1/622/1c3ec09d66.png cta=PLAY NOW title=DANCING GOLD tnc=false ------------ url=https://gtly.to/8aGreaNjo img=https://pnimg.net/w/page-block/1/61f/409525f309.png cta=PLAY NOW title=EPIC APE tnc=false ------------ [/CASINOGAMES][/VIDEO]
Action Throughout The Day
The total 2,227 entrants that sat down throughout the day saw many players leaving empty handed including Ralph Massey, Tiffany Michelle, WSOP Main Event champions Joe Cada and Koray Aldemir. On the bubble, it was Albert Rogers who became the unfortunate bubble boy when his aces could not fade the queen-ten offsuit of Greg Gabriel.
Post bubble action
Many players who found cashes, but no gold around their wrist included Bertrand “Elky” Grospellier (311st - $1,061), Humberto Brenes (203rd - $1,326), soccer Star Neymar (49th - $3,959), Athanasios Polychronopoulos (27th - $5,696), and Ryan Depaulo (22nd - $,6,941). The bubble of the final table was burst when Josh Arieh fell to Wing Yam when his jack-ten could not hold against Yam’s nine-five suited and Jake Gudmundsen fell at the same time when his ace-queen could not draw out against Steve Frakes’ pocket kings. They finished in tenth place and ninth place, collecting $13,357 for their efforts.
Final Table Action
The final table began with short-stacked Wen Ni moving all in for his tournament life with a pair of eights, only to get looked up by Wing Yam’s ace-ten offsuit. The board came out ace-high and neither of Ni’s outs appeared on the turn or river, and Ni collected $16,953 for his ninth place finish.
After that, a double elimination of Louise Francoeur in eighth place and Ed Chang in seventh place followed when both players moved all in against the raise of Stovall, who ended up calling both of them. Stovall held ace-eight against the king-queen of Francoeur and the king-jack of Chang, neither of which found any help on the board. As Francoeur held fewer chips than Chang, she finished in eighth place for $21,733, while Chang finished in seventh place for $28,136.
Rafael Lebron got it in ahead against Stovall when he called his all-in with his top pair of kings against Stovall’s ace high. The turn ace, however, gave the lead back to Stovall, and the river did not improve his king-nine suited, and Lebron finished in sixth place for $36,782.
Larry Carillo was set for a double up when he got in his pocket kings in against Stovall’s king-ten suited. A flush on the flop left Carillo drawing dead, and he collected $48,551 for his fifth place finish.
Wing Yam ended his run in fourth place when he moved in his remaining chips with ace-king against Steve Frakes, who had pocket kings. He collected $64,702 for his deep run.
Frakes flirted with the chip lead for a bit, but after losing a few pots to both players three-handed he ended up having to put his remaining two big blinds in with ace-eight against both players, and he could not hold against the queen-three of Stovall, and his run came to an end in third place for $87,047.
Heads-up play was a relatively short affair as Heng moved in his final 22 big blinds in against Stovall’s raise with ace-five offsuit, which Stovall called with pocket sevens. The flop brought a straight draw to Heng, but the turn and river completed no straight, and Heng finished in second place for $118,213.
Congratulations to Ramsey Stovall for winning his first WSOP bracelet! Thank you for tuning in here at PokerNews. Stay tuned for updates from all events during the 2022 WSOP.
Bookmark this page! All you need to know about the 2022 WSOP is here.
In this Series
- 1 Can't Stop Kopp: Katie Kopp Wins First Bracelet of the 2022 WSOP
- 2 David Peters Wins 2022 WSOP Event #2: $100K High Roller Bounty for 4th Gold Bracelet
- 3 Scott Seiver Wins 4th Bracelet in 2022 WSOP Event #3: $2,500 Freezeout NLH ($320,059)
- 4 For a Higher Cause: Brad Ruben Wins 4th Bracelet in 2022 WSOP Event #4: $1,500 Dealer's Choice
- 5 Dan Smith Captures 1st Bracelet; Wins 2022 WSOP Event #6: $25K Heads-Up Championship
- 6 Norbert Szecsi Captures The Third Bracelet of his Career at the 2022 WSOP
- 7 Manig ''Ohio77'' Loeser Wins Second Online Bracelet in as Many Years
- 8 Amnon Filippi Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #7: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better ($252,718)
- 9 Chad Eveslage Wins 2022 WSOP Event #8: $25,000 High Roller ($1,415,610)
- 10 Alex Livingston Wins 2022 WSOP Event #9: $1,500 Seven Card Stud ($103,282)
- 11 Henry Acain Wins 2022 WSOP Event #5: $500 The Housewarming ($701,215)
- 12 Raj Vohra Wins His First Bracelet at the 2022 WSOP; Takes Down the $600 Deepstack
- 13 Ben Diebold Wins 2022 WSOP $10,000 Dealer's Choice 6-Handed Championship ($299,488)
- 14 Jake Schindler Wins First Bracelet and $1,328,068 in Event #12: $50,000 High Roller
- 15 First Time's the Charm: Michael Moncek Wins Event #13: $1,500 Limit Hold'em
- 16 Frenchman Leo Soma Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #14: $1,500 Six-Handed No-Limit Hold'em ($456,889)
- 17 Dominick Sarle Wins 2022 WSOP Event #17: $2,500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball ($164,243)
- 18 Bryan Schultz Wins 2022 WSOP Event #18: $1,000 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em ($330,057)
- 19 Stefan Lehner Wins First Bracelet in Event #16: $3,000 No-Limit Hold'em ($558,616)
- 20 Denis Nesterenko Wins Event #20: $1,500 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw ($108,250)
- 21 Tong Li Wins $1,467,739 and First Bracelet in Event #19: $25,000 Pot-Limit Omaha High Roller
- 22 Adam Friedman Wins Fifth WSOP Gold Bracelet in Event #22: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Championship
- 23 Brian Altman Captures His Maiden WSOP Bracelet in the Online $400 Ultra Deepstack
- 24 Christopher Chatman Flips to Win First WSOP Bracelet in Event #24: $1,000 Flip & Go
- 25 Rob Wazwaz Ships Event #25: $800 No-Limit Hold'em Deepstacks For $358,346
- 26 Mike Jukich Wins the $1,500 Monster Stack at the 2022 WSOP For $966,577
- 27 K9 & Canine Lucky for Jonathan Cohen in Event #26: $10,000 Limit Hold'em Championship ($245,678)
- 28 Michael Simhai Hits the Mark in 2022 WSOP Event #27: Shootout NLH ($240,480)
- 29 Robert Cowen Wins Bracelets in Back-to-Back Years; Binks $50K PLO High Roller for $1.4M
- 30 Maxx Coleman Wins Elusive First Bracelet in the $1,500 No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw
- 31 15 Years in the Making: Daniel Weinman Nabs 1st Bracelet in Event #30: $1,000 PLO
- 32 Nino Ullmann Wins His First WSOP Bracelet in the $3K NLHE 6-Max Event
- 33 Brian Hastings Captures Sixth Bracelet in Event #31: $10,000 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw Championship
- 34 Musician Steve Albini Wins (And Breaks!) Second Bracelet in 2022 WSOP $1,500 H.O.R.S.E.
- 35 Lok Chan Wins 2022 WSOP Event #35: $2,500 Mixed Big Bet on First Trip to WSOP ($144,338)
- 36 Ali Eslami Takes Down Event #36: $1,500 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or Better for $135,260 and Maiden WSOP Bracelet
- 37 Justin Pechie Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in the $1,500 Freezeout
- 38 Pedro Bromfman Is Triumphant in Event #38: $10,000 2-7 Single Draw Championship
- 39 Ramsey Stovall Wins First Bracelet In 2022 WSOP $1,000 Super Turbo Bounty ($191,223)
- 40 Matt "PmpknHead" Szymaszek Wins WSOP Online Bracelet Event #4: $1,000 Pot-Limit Omaha 6-Max
- 41 Aleksejs Ponakovs Defeats Phil Ivey to Win Event #42: $100,000 High Roller for $1,897,363
- 42 Zack Wins Second Bracelet of the 2022 WSOP; $10,000 Stud Hi-Lo Championship ($324,174)
- 43 David Perry Defeats Chris Moorman in the 2022 WSOP $500 Freezeout ($241,729)
- 44 Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! KFC Fan Kolev Wins 2022 WSOP Millionaire Maker ($1,125,141)
- 45 Phil Hui Mounts Comeback to Win Third Bracelet In $1,500 PLO at the 2022 WSOP
- 46 Andrew Yeh Rides to Victory in Event #44: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship ($487,129)
- 47 Frenchman Jonathan Pastore Wins 2022 WSOP Event #46: $5,000 6-Handed NLHE ($771,765)
- 48 First Bracelet for Cyprus; Menikos Panagiotou Wins 2022 WSOP Event #48: $1,500 Eight Game Mix
- 49 Alex Foxen Goes Wire-to-Wire in $250K Super High Roller on Way to Maiden Bracelet ($4,563,700)
- 50 Simeon Spasov Completes Come-From-Behind Win in Event #49: $2,000 NLH ($527,944)
- 51 Joao Simao Takes Down Second Bracelet For $686,242 In $5,000 No-Limit Hold’em/Pot-Limit Omaha
- 52 WSOP Rookie Kijoon Park Wins Event #52: $2,500 Nine-Game Mix 6-Handed ($219,799)
- 53 William "swaggyb" Corvino Captures First Bracelet in the $600 Online Deepstack Championship
- 54 Eric Smidinger Full of Emotion After Winning 2022 WSOP Seniors Event ($694,909)
- 55 James Todd Wins 2022 WSOP Event #54: $500 Salute to Warriors ($161,256); $74,809 Raised for USO
- 56 Written in the Stars: Paul Hizer Outlasts the Field in the 2022 WSOP Colossus ($414,490)
- 57 Martin "115FTW" Stoyanov Wins The $500 WSOP Bracelet Turbo Deepstack
- 58 Patrick Leonard & Espen Jørstad Win 2022 WSOP Event #55: $1,000 Tag Team ($148,067)
- 59 Lawrence Brandt Wins $1,500 PLO8 After Gruelling Final Day ($289,610)
- 60 Shota Nakanishi Wins His First Bracelet in Event #60: $10,000 Short Deck ($277,212)
- 61 Tamas Lendvai Wins Event #57: $600 Deep Stack Championship No-Limit Hold'em ($299,464)
- 62 Do It for Dari: Dash Dudley Wins 3rd WSOP Gold Bracelet for Daughter After Coming Back from 3BB Short Stack
- 63 Dan Cates Makes History; Wins Back-to-Back $50,000 Poker Players Championship ($1,449,103)
- 64 Come Back Kid: Massoud “CBK” Eskandari Wins First Bracelet in Super Seniors for $330,609
- 65 Poker Hall of Famer Eli Elezra Wins Fifth WSOP Bracelet in $10K PLO-8 Championship ($611,362)
- 66 Konstantin Angelov Wins 2022 WSOP Event #64: $600 PLO Deepstack ($199,466)
- 67 Nacho Barbero Takes 2022 WSOP $10,000 Super Turbo Bounty Bracelet Back to Argentina
- 68 Austria's Jessica Teusl Wins 2022 WSOP Ladies Championship ($166,975)
- 69 Young Sik Comes From Behind To Win The Mini Main Event For $594,189
- 70 Sean Troha Completes Comeback and Wins the $10K PLO Championship ($1,246,770)
- 71 Quincy Borland Crowned Champion of Event #68: $1,000 Million Dollar Bounty ($750,120)
- 72 Bradley Anderson Wins 2022 WSOP Event #72: $1,500 Mixed Omaha Hi-Lo ($195,565)
- 73 Daniel Strelitz Wins His Second WSOP Bracelet in Event #73: $1,500 Razz
- 74 Harry "timexCNT" Lodge Wins His First Bracelet in the $7,777 Lucky 7's Online High Roller ($396,666)
- 75 Pei Li Crowned Champion in Event #74: $1,500 Bounty Pot-Limit Omaha ($190,219)
- 76 Yevgeniy "Kazak132" Minakrin Wins Online Event #9: $1,000 No Limit Hold'em Championship ($238,315)
- 77 Former Professional StarCraft Player Jinho Hong Wins Poker Hall of Fame Bounty
- 78 Julien Perouse Captures Bracelet In Online $3,200 No-Limit Hold'em High Roller 8-Max ($324,767)
- 79 Mike Allis Potentially Going Out on a High After Winning the One Drop ($535,610)
- 80 Canada's Sebastien Aube Takes Down Event #78: $2,500 No-Limit Hold’em ($499,636)
- 81 Gregory [Removed:372] Wins 2022 WSOP Event #75: $777 Lucky Sevens ($777,777)
- 82 Romans Voitovs Wins 2022 WSOP Event #80: $600 Mixed NLH/PLO ($158,609)
- 83 Julien Martini Wins His Fourth Bracelet In Razz Championship for $328,604
- 84 Mo Arani Wins Event #81: $5,000 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em ($665,459)
- 85 Richard Alsup Wins Event #82: $800 No-Limit Hold'em Deepstack ($272,065)
- 86 João Vieira Outlasts Lander Lijo to Win Second WSOP Bracelet ($1,384,415)
- 87 Espen Jorstad Wins 2022 World Series of Poker Main Event for $10,000,000
- 88 Michael Wang Stages a Heads-Up Comeback to Win His Second Bracelet
- 89 Lawrence Brandt Wins Second Bracelet of 2022 in $3,000 H.O.R.S.E. ($205,139)
- 90 Gianluca "InMyHouse" Speranza Claims Maiden Golden Bracelet
- 91 Jaspal Brar Tops Field In Event #88: $1,000 Super Turbo No-Limit Hold'em For First Gold Bracelet ($190,731)
- 92 Minh Nguyen Saves Bad Summer w/ Victory in 2022 WSOP $1,500 The Closer ($536,280)
- 93 Gregory Jensen Wins 2022 WSOP Event 86: $10,000 6-Handed Championship ($824,649)
- 94 Benjamin Kaupp Wins Tournament of Champions to Close Out 2022 WSOP ($250,000)