BREAKING: Phil Hellmuth at 2022 WSOP $3,000 NLH Final Table, Chasing 17th Bracelet
Phil Hellmuth has set out to win 24 World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelets in his lifetime. On Saturday night, he has an opportunity to get one step closer to that lofty but realistic goal.
The "Poker Brat" is one of eight players remaining in Event #65: $3,000 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em at the time of publishing.
Hellmuth currently has 16 bracelets, a record by a wide margin. Johnny Chan, Doyle Brunson, and Phil Ivey are tied for second place with 10. Should he come out victorious on Saturday night, he'll make it difficult for anyone to catch up over the next decade, and possibly beyond.
Large Field Event
The $3k freezeout attracted 1,359 entries and will play down to a winner tonight. That individual will not only take home a shiny gold bracelet, but also $598,173. For the Poker Hall of Famer, it would take him above the $28.5 million mark, according to Hendon Mob.
When we published this article, at the conclusion of a 15-minute break, Hellmuth had 6,200,000 chips and the blinds were at 100,000/200,000 with a 200,000-chip big blind ante. David Jackson held the chip lead at 15,325,000 and Justin Saliba was in second place with 11,800,000 chips.
Each of the remaining players has a guaranteed minimum payout of $62,423. For Hellmuth, he's attempting to salvage an otherwise ho-hum 2022 WSOP heading into the Main Event, which begins July 3. Thus far, he only has five small cashes this summer, and will collect a sixth as soon as he busts or wins the freezeout.
Last year, the 1989 world champion was in contention for Player of the Year throughout the fall before finishing runner-up to Josh Arieh. He did, however, claim his 16th bracelet when he took down a $1,500 no-limit 2-7 lowball draw event for $84,951. This one, if he were to win on Saturday, would be for bunches more.
Many of the criticisms Hellmuth has faced over the years is that he wins bracelets in small-field events, but that isn't always true. Bracelet number 15, a $5,000 no-limit hold'em event, had 452 players. In 2007, he won a $1,500 no-limit hold'em tournament that had 2,628 entries. And at present, he's going after a bracelet in an event with over 1,300 players.
Bookmark this page! All you need to know about the 2022 WSOP is here.
Phil Hellmuth's WSOP Bracelet Wins
|1989||$10,000 WSOP Main Event||$755,000|
|1992||Event #8: $5,000 Limit Hold'em||$188,000|
|1993||Event #7: $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em||$173,000|
|1993||Event #8: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em||$161,400|
|1993||Event #9: $5,000 Limit Hold'em||$138,000|
|1997||Event #15: $3,000 Pot-Limit Hold'em||$204,000|
|2001||Event #3: $2,000 No-Limit Hold'em||$316,550|
|2003||Event #12: $2,500 Limit Hold'em||$171,400|
|2003||Event #32: $3,000 No-Limit Hold'em||$410,860|
|2006||Event #34: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em||$631,863|
|2007||Event #15: $1,500 No Limit Hold'em||$637,25|
|2012||Event #18: $2,500 Seven Card Razz||$182,793|
|2012||WSOPE €10,000 Main Event||€1,022,376 ($1,333,841)|
|2015||Event #17: $10,000 Razz Championship||$271,105|
|2018||Event #71: $5,000 No Limit Hold’em||$485,082|
|2021||Event #31: $1,500 No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw||$84,851|
In this Series
- 1 Officials Offer First Look at 2022 WSOP; Answer Several Lingering Questions
- 2 Bally's & Paris: Your Guide to the New Home of the World Series of Poker (WSOP)
- 3 Negreanu, Deeb (as Expected) Highest Bids in $25k WSOP Fantasy Draft
- 4 WSOP Transportation Guide: Riding the Las Vegas Strip Monorail
- 5 Let the Games Begin: 2022 WSOP is Officially Underway
- 6 Phil Hellmuth Misses 2022 WSOP Opener After Bout of Traveler's Diarrhea
- 7 Kenney, Schindler & Imsirovic Arrive at 2022 WSOP Despite Recent Cheating Allegations
- 8 Phil Ivey is Back! Poker G.O.A.T. Cashes First 2022 WSOP Event
- 9 Baltimore Raven Calais Campbell at WSOP: "We Have Super Bowl Potential"
- 10 2022 WSOP Featured Females: Katie Kopp Becomes Bally's First-Ever Bracelet Winner
- 11 WSOP Player of the Year Race One Week In: Defending Champ Arieh Off and Running
- 12 ClubGG Offers Bubble Protection For Eight 2022 WSOP Events
- 13 Doyle Brunson Skipping 2022 WSOP Due to COVID-19 Concerns
- 14 Retired NBA Star Paul Pierce Allegedly Won't Pay His Poker Debts
- 15 Scott Seiver Pays $43k to Enter $1k WSOP Event, Fails to Cash
- 16 2022 WSOP Featured Females: Lara Eisenberg Talks Poker's Impact on Dementia
- 17 2022 WSOP Hands of the Week: Depaulo vs. Hellmuth, a Pure One Outer & a Royal Flush
- 18 Reigning World Champ Koray Aldemir Quietly Crushing it at 2022 WSOP
- 19 2022 WSOP Player of the Week 2: Jeremy Ausmus Wins Third Bracelet in 9 Months
- 20 Hellmuth Controversy at WSOP: Poker Brat's Chips Swiped on Break
- 21 Security Mistakenly Tries to Kick Out Neymar Jr. After He Cashes First WSOP Event
- 22 Breaking News: Phil Ivey Closing in on Elusive 11th WSOP Bracelet Tonight
- 23 Doyle Brunson Becomes a WPT Ambassador, Might Play WSOP Main Event
- 24 World Series of Daniel's? Zack, Weinman (But Not Negreanu) Lead POY Race
- 25 WSOP $250,000 Super High Roller Kicks Off; Ivey, Negreanu and Kenney All Enter
- 26 Ali Imsirovic Busts WSOP $250K Super High Roller on Brutal Cooler
- 27 Cruising in the $250k, Is 2022 One of Phil Ivey's Best WSOP's Ever?
- 28 Runner-Runner Bad Beat Tilts Negreanu; Poker Star Out of WSOP $250k
- 29 Navy Vet Reps Military Charity During WSOP Salute to Warriors Event
- 30 2022 WSOP Featured Females: Meet Wendeen Eolis, 1st Woman to Ever Cash Main Event
- 31 Dan Zack Still Leads WSOP POY Race; Ivey, Deeb within Striking Distance
- 32 888poker Pro Ian Simpson Gears Up for 2022 WSOP Main Event
- 33 Poker Players Who Have Defended Their WSOP Bracelet
- 34 How to Make Day 2 of the Million Dollar Bounty
- 35 Poker Player Wins WSOP Main Event Satty in His Sleep...Literally
- 36 Josh Arieh Flushed Out of WSOP Main Event Early; Four Past Champs in Day 1a
- 37 2022 WSOP Hands of the Week: Yuvee Loses $50K to Pair of Deuces; Ivey Hits Ace from Space
- 38 BREAKING: Phil Hellmuth at 2022 WSOP $3,000 NLH Final Table, Chasing 17th Bracelet
- 39 Will the 2022 WSOP Main Event Smash the Attendance Record?
- 40 Barstool Sports' Cracking Aces Podcast Hosts Crush it on Main Event Day 1
- 41 WSOP Main Event Railbird Pays Back Daniel Negreanu Four-Year "Debt"
- 42 Matt Glantz Finds the $1 Million WSOP Bounty
- 43 BREAKING: WSOP Main Event Day 2 Schedule Altered
- 44 Aces Bust Kings 15 Minutes into Day 1b of WSOP Main Event
- 45 The Muck: Ike Haxton Takes on Barstool Sports' Poker Invasion
- 46 2022 WSOP Player of the Week 5: Jessica Teusl Wins First Bracelet at First WSOP
- 47 2022 WSOP Main Event Draws Massive Field, Almost Breaks All-Time Record
- 48 Phil Hellmuth's World Series of Poker Entrance Met w/ a Chorus of Boos
- 49 Robert Lipkin is the 2022 WSOP Main Event Bubble
- 50 SO SICK! Kings vs. Kings Cooler Busts 888poker's Sam Abernathy from the WSOP Main Event
- 51 Koray Aldemir: Back-to-Back WSOP Main Event Runs "A Privilege"
- 52 Brutal River! Aces, Queens, & Jacks All In Preflop in WSOP Main Event
- 53 Former World Champ Tom McEvoy Shares his Poker Samadhi Wisdom
- 54 Did Alejandro Lococo Pull Off Best WSOP Main Event Bluff Since Moneymaker?
- 55 The Muck: Did Mike Matusow Really Have a Blow Up in the WSOP Main Event?
- 56 Dan Zack Claims 2022 WSOP Player of the Year Honors
- 57 How Much Money Players at 2022 WSOP Main Event Final Table Really Made
- 58 Espen Jorstad Wins 2022 World Series of Poker Main Event for $10,000,000
- 59 Las Vegas Active Shooter Rumors Spark Panic; WSOP Impacted, Negreanu Injured
- 60 Quads Dooms Asher Conniff at WSOP Main Event Final Table
- 61 Aces Cracked! Souki Busts from WSOP Main Event Final Table
- 62 Espen Jorstad Holds Commanding Lead in Pursuit of WSOP Main Event Title
- 63 Not Su's Day: From Chip Leader to Out in 9th Place
- 64 A Look at All the 2022 WSOP Online Michigan Bracelet Winners
- 65 Five Memorable Hands from the 2021 WSOP Main Event Final Table
- 66 Where Are They Now: Ron “The Carolina Express” Stanley Battled Stu Ungar at 1997 WSOP
- 67 WATCH: One of the Best Folds in WSOP Main Event History?
- 68 Adrian Attenborough Just Made Two of the Gutsiest Plays of the 2022 WSOP
- 69 Can Karim Rebei Click his Way to a WSOP Main Event Title?
- 70 Cool, Calm & Collected Efthymia Litsou is WSOP Main Event's Last Woman Standing
- 71 2022 WSOP Hands of the Week: Quads, Quads, Quads, Quads!
- 72 Brutal River! Aces, Queens, & Jacks All In Preflop in WSOP Main Event
- 73 Daniel Negreanu Wraps 2022 World Series of Poker Down $1.1 Million
- 74 How the 2022 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Will Be Remembered
- 75 PN Podcast: 2022 WSOP Main Event Final Thoughts; Interviews w/ Main Event Final Three