Amazing Astedt Reels in $90K Sunday Score at GGPoker
Table Of Contents
- $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event Final Table Results
- Sunday Scores at GGPoker Worth $25,000 or More
- *includes bounty payments
- Vousden Triumphs in the PokerStars $5,200 Titans Event
- $5,200 Titans Event Final Table Results
- PokerStars Highlights From November 27
- "DGrignon" Bags 888poker Big Shot High Roller Title
- Joao Pedro Lobo Binks the PartyPoker Grand
Football fever, or soccer to some of our readers, has gripped the world with the World Cup taking place in Qatar, but poker is still number one for thousands of grinders around the world. November 27 saw dozens of high stakes tournaments take place at GGPoker, PokerStars, 888poker, and PartyPoker, and the winner's enclosure was packed with some of the game's stellar names, who walked away with sizeable additions to their bankrolls.
Niklas Astedt was one such player. The uber-talented Swede came out on top of a 495-strong field in the $1,050 Sunday High Roller Main Event at GGPoker. All but one of the nine finalists, Vincent "PANDA_DRAGON" Lam ($9,050) walked away with five-figure hauls thanks to the $495,000 prize pool.
Benjamin Miner ($12,069), Daniel Custodio ($16,094), and Antonio "Luigy" Heredia ($21,462) joined the list of busted players, before Manuel "OPPikachu" Fischer ($28,620) came unstuck, too.
Four-handed play ended with the demise of "MarcusEmpire" ($38,165), with the elimination of Benjamin "RiverKillMe" Tan ($50,894) leaving Astedt heads-up against "SAUCE900". Astedt rarely loses one-on-one battles, and this was not one of those rare occasions. The Swedish legend banked the $90,505 top prize, leaving SAUCE900 to collect the $67,869 consolation prize.
$1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event Final Table Results
|3||Benjamin "RiverKillMe" Tan||Malaysia||$50,894|
|5||Manuel "OPPikachu" Fischer||Austria||$28,620|
|6||Antonio "Luigy" Heredia||Andorra||$21,462|
|9||Vincent "PANDA_DRAGON" Lam||Canada||$9,050|
Sunday Scores at GGPoker Worth $25,000 or More
Christian Rudolph and British PLO specialist Gavin Cochrane helped themselves to two of the largest GGPoker prizes this weekend. Rudolph reeled in $89,903 after taking down the $525 Bunty Hunters HR Main Event, while Cochrane netted $54,164 in the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty Super High Roller.
- Corenkas – winner of the $1,050 GGMasters High Roller for $112,366
- Christian Rudolph – winner of the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $89,903*
- Gavin Cochrane – winner of the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty Super High Roller for $54,164*
- ThE_LeGgEnD_x – winner of the $150 GGMasters for $48,924
- Simon Mattsson – winner of the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Roller for $48,754*
- Maddona – winner of the $320 GGMasters Bounty for $45,488*
- Alessandro Giannelli – winner of the $215 Mystery Bounty Main Event for $41,910*
- Lars "Babyccino" Nystedt – winner of the $250 Sunday Main Event for $36,917
- Bl4ck-W1dow – winner of the $215 Bounty Hunters Sunday Big Game for $33,412*
- Benjamin "dr100percent" Juhasz – winner of the $1,050 Omaholic Sunday Main Event HR for $26,376
*includes bounty payments
Vousden Triumphs in the PokerStars $5,200 Titans Event
Samuel "€urop€an" Vousden was one of 81 entrants in the latest edition of the $5,200 Titans Event at PokerStars, and is the name at the top of the tree now the tournament is done and dusted.
The final table was ridiculously tough, with the likes of Artur "mararthur1" Martirosian, Yuri "theNERDguy" Dzivielevski, Gavin "gavz101" Cochrane, and Michael "imluckbox" Addamo.
With only three players remaining, the last standing trio struck a deal to lessen the pay jumps. The deal resulted in a $63,334 score for Pedro "pvigar" Garagnani, who finished third, an $81,325 prize for runner-up Bruno "great dant" Volkmann, and an $84,716 addition to the bankroll of champion Vousden.
$5,200 Titans Event Final Table Results
|1||Samuel "€urop€an" Vousden||Finland||$84,716*|
|2||Bruno "great dant" Volkmann||Brazil||$81,325*|
|3||Pedro "pvigar" Garagnani||Brazil||$63,334*|
|5||Michael "imluckbox" Addamo||United Kingdom||$34,521|
|6||Gavin "gavz101" Cochrane||United Kingdom||$26,678|
|8||Yuri "theNERDguy" Dzivielevski||Brazil||$15,933|
|9||Artur "mararthur1" Martirosian||Armenia||$12,761|
*reflects a three-way deal
PokerStars Highlights From November 27
- Aleks_20_a – winner of the $530 Bounty Builder for $45,436*
- Nosnibourbos – winner of the $1,050 Sunday High Roller for $26,113*
- Gabriel "gabsdrogba" Schroeder – winner of the $109 Sunday Cooldown for $18,235*
- brunojardas – winner of the $109 Sunday Fenomeno Special for $16,190
- G_haeffner – winner of the $109 Bounty Builder for $15,269*
- RoBnbly Par9 – winner of the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $15,059
- Simon "C. Darwin2" Mattsson – winner of the $1,050 Sunday Supersonic for $14,747
- MiJatoEsLima – winner of the $1,050 Sunday Cooldown for $14,398*
- Vlad "dariepoker" Darie – winner o the $320 Bounty Builder for $14,436*
*includes bounty payments
"DGrignon" Bags 888poker Big Shot High Roller Title
"DGrignon" was the biggest winner at 888poker this weekend after they triumphed in the $2,100 buy-in Big Shot High Roller. A compact field of 30 entrants meant only the top four finishers shared the $60,000 prize pool, with the champion scooping $27,000.
Other 888poker champions this week included "marllonsanti" who won the Big Shot 215 for $5,040, "6plus" who took down the Sunday PKO Rumble 109 for $4,027, and "BetBetFck" the champion of the Big Shot 1,050 for $16,000.
Joao Pedro Lobo Binks the PartyPoker Grand
Brazil's Joao Pedro Lobo was crowned The Grand champion at PartyPoker after the Brazilian outlasted 110 opponents in the $1,050 buy-in tournament. Lobo defeated Claas Segebrecht heads-up to reel in a $24,386 score.
"KKgustavoKK" is quids in after being the last player standing in the Super $109, a finish worth $9,775 with bounties included. The same player also won the Super $215, and collected another $8,395. "not my tempo" was the Super $320 champion, an accolade that came with $8,226.