PokerStars and Monte-Carlo® Casino European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 3: Potijk Leads
The PokerStars.com and Monte-Carlo® Casino European Poker Tour Grand Final Main Event stormed through Day 3 and only 26 players remain. It was a spectacular day on the felt and one that saw the bubble burst, the €100,000 Super High Roller winner make an extremely impressive deep run and Geert-Jan Potijk claim the chip lead with 1.32 million in chips.
When the day began, 130 players remained and the money line was set at 96. Due to a double elimination with one player falling at two separate tables during hand-for-hand play, Adam Levy was the bubble boy in 98th place. Andrew Badecker and Martin Finger were the two players eliminated during the same hand of hand-for-hand action and chopped up the €15,000 awarded to the first payout spot.
Six Team PokerStars Pros made the money on Day 3, but none of them advanced. Nacho Barbero, Angel Guillen, Sandra Naujoks, Max Martinez, Richard Toth and Matthias De Meulder all finished with a cash, but the dream of becoming EPT Grand Final champion is dead for this year.
De Meulder was all in with pocket queens and held the best of it against Jason Wheeler's pocket jacks. The Belgian Team Pro was in prime position for a double up, but a jack on the flop ended his run.
Other notables who were eliminated on the day, but in the money, included Bryan Piccioli, Guillaume Darcourt, Erik Seidel, Dominykas Karmazinas and Griffin Benger.
Justin Bonomo, the winner of the €100,000 Super High Roller just a couple of days ago, had a very impressive performance in the Main Event, but his quest ended in 28th place. Geert-Jan Potijk, Andrew Pantling and Bonomo played a big, three-way all-in pot on the feature table with Bonomo holding , Pantling and Potijk . The queens held for Potijk as he doubled through Pantling and busted Bonomo.
End of Day 3 Top 10 Chip Counts
The cards will be in the air for Day 4 beginning at 1200 CET (0300 PDT) and the PokerNews Live Reporting Team will be there to bring you all the action as the field grinds it out to the final table.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
- Red Bull and the ISPT Announce Exclusive Partnership
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!