Breaking News: Jim Ryan To Retire As bwin.party Co-CEO
bwin.party Digital Entertainment Plc today announced to the London Stock Exchange that Jim Ryan, the group's co-CEO, is to retire from his role on Jan. 15, 2013.
In the press release, Ryan said, "Being Co-CEO of bwin.party has been my dream job. As we approach the final stages of our merger integration, I am immensely proud of what we have achieved and know that with Norbert at the helm, the business is in excellent hands and is particularly well-placed for the future. Having given over 11 years of my life to the online gaming industry, I am now looking forward to returning to Canada and enjoying more time with my family."
When Ryan retires, his current co-CEO Norbert Teufelberger will assume the new role of Group CEO. Teufelberger was full of praise for Ryan, calling him "an excellent business partner" and saying Ryan was a "good friend" to him.
Ryan initially joined PartyGaming Plc in June 2008 as the company's CEO, and after the merger with bwin Interactive Entertainment AG in March 2011, he became the Co-CEO of the new, enlarged group. After helping secure a series of strategic partnerships, including MGM, Boyd Gaming and Zynga, Ryan has decided to return to his native Canada and spend more time with his family.
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 2: Weinman Leads the Final 11
- Two Freerolls Down & Four to Go in our PokerAce Promotion!
- PokerStars SCOOP Promotion Closing Fast!
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!