WSOP Announces New Milwaukee's Best Light Player of the Year Award
Milwaukee's Best Light, title sponsor of the World Series of Poker®, will be adding its name to a reformatted WSOP Player of the Year award beginning with this year's results. In addition, the POY winner will receive a nice package of buy-ins at major WSOP events throughout the coming year.
The new WSOP POY award will be based on the standings from all bracelet events, with two major exceptions — the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. tourney and $10,000 Main Event. The WSOP and Milwaukee's Best Light hope to create a triad of noted achievements for each year's WSOP. "We now have a triple crown at the WSOP – the Main Event and HORSE titles and the Player of the Year designation," said Jeffrey Pollack, the World Series of Poker's commissioner. "This award puts all poker players on a level playing field and underscores our belief that every bracelet event is important, regardless of field size, buy-in or variety of game."
The buy-ins awarded to the World Series of Poker's new Player of the Year are nice, too. The winner receives the following:
Current standings in this year's WSOP Player of the Year race will be made available on worldseriesofpoker.com.
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
- Benny Spindler, Sami Kelopuro and Ana Marquez All Capture SCOOP Titles
- WPT on FSN Five Diamond Part I: Negreanu's Six Bullets & Esfandiari's Final Table Magic
- The Online Railbird Report: The Professionals Dominate with $1.5M Wins
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!