PokerStars Guarantees $5 Million for MicroMillions II Tournament Series
On Monday, PokerStars announced $5 million in guaranteed prize pools for the second installment of MicroMillions, a popular tournament series designed for recreational and micro-stakes players. The online poker festival will take place from July 12 through 22 and features affordable buy-ins from 11 cents up to $22 across 100 tournaments.
Events will run around the clock during the 11-day series, which will culminate with a $22 MicroMillions Main Event with a $1 million prize pool — with $150,000 guaranteed to the winner — on Sunday, July 22. The series will feature all of your favorite poker variants, plus a wide variety of formats like turbos, rebuys, shootouts, knockouts, and big-ante events.
The first MicroMillions festival set a record for the most popular online poker tournament series of all time, with a total of 1,294,883 entries. Main Event winner, "Zabaleta1" turned his $22 buy-in into a $140,000 payday (as part of a three-way deal) after winning the tournament from a field of 54,065.
Team PokerStars Pro Marcin "Goral" Horecki won the first MicroMillions Player of the Series leaderboard and scooped a 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package worth $15,000.
"It’s a fantastic series for players of all levels," Horecki said. "Last time I tried to play as many events as possible and it turned out to be a great move for me. The very affordable buy-in levels are perfect for micro-stakes players who dream of winning a huge prize but often don’t have the chance."
For the full Micro Millions tournament schedule and online satellites into the events, visit PokerStars.com.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
- PokerStars SCOOP Promotion Closing Fast!
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 1b: Rahul Deevara Leads
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!