WSOP What To Watch For: Jackie Glazier Heads-up for Bracelet in Event #41
On the original 2012 World Series of Poker schedule, Event 43: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em was the only tournament slated to play down to a winner on Monday. However, with the extension of Event #41: $3,000 No-Limit Hold'em, there are now two events scheduled to wrap up. Those events will be the focus of this edition of the PokerNews What To Watch For.
Glazier Looks To Be First Woman To Win Open Event Since 2008
In 2008, Vanessa Selbst won her first World Series of Poker gold bracelet in the $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha event. Since then, no woman has won a bracelet in an open event.
Jackie Glazier made it all the way to heads-up play in Event No. 41 where she holds a 3-to-1 margin over Greg Ostrander. Glazier has already reached a few milestones in this event, which would only make it fitting that she claim the bracelet as well. Prior to this event, Glazier had never had a score over $100,000 or made a WSOP final table. She can check both of those off her list, and she'll look to add a bracelet on Monday.
Clark Aims for Gold
Zachary Clark has never made a WSOP final table or even finished better than 20th. He holds the chip lead going into Day 3 of Event No. 43 with 20 players left, making it a virtual lock that he bests his previous best mark.
Clark is the nephew of the late David "Chip" Reese, who has three WSOP gold bracelets. Clark would like nothing more than to earn his first and follow in those great footsteps.
Lew Looks for the Biggest Success Live
PokerStars Team Online Randy Lew is known for his amazing skills on the virtual felt. He earned the largest live score of his career in November 2011 when he won the APPT Macau Main Event for nearly $485,000, but a WSOP title would only further prove he's able to do it on the live felt, as well as online.
Lew will enter the final day 12th in chips out of the final 20 and will be looking to lay claim to his first gold bracelet and $654,380.
As always, you can find PokerNews' coverage of the 2012 WSOP on our Live Reporting Pages. We look forward to having you follow along and stay tuned for plenty more from our What To Watch For series.
- PokerStars SCOOP Promotion Closing Fast!
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 1b: Rahul Deevara Leads
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!