GEObet Gambling Network Set to Launch First Real-Money Online Poker Room in United States
It appeared that Nevada casinos would become the initial entities to offer real-money online gaming in the United States, with South Point Hotel and Casino primed to become the first after receiving a historic online poker license back in August. However, in a recent press release, the GEObet Gambling Network, an online gambling technology and services provider, announced they're set to launch an online poker room in November for Native American tribal casinos.
“GEObet is helping Native American tribes to fulfill the natural extension of their rights as sovereign lands to bring their casino gambling businesses into the new millennium,” said CEO of the GEObet Network Gerry Gionet. “As competition for land based gaming gets fiercer, all land based casino groups, whether they are in California, Nevada or anywhere else in North America, will bring their businesses online. Tribal gaming has the right to protect its interests and compete with state and private casino groups.”
GEObet Gambling Network intends to bring together various Native American tribes so they could share player pools and progressive online slot jackpots. “If tribal nations and tribal casino groups join forces, they will create the largest gaming force in the world,” Gionet added. “We want to open tribal gaming up to a world-wide audience, and reach far beyond the players within a three hour car ride of tribal lands”.
The press release went on to add: “Gionet also wants tribes to benefit from the ancillary benefits available from their launching online gaming businesses. His goals include bringing employment and technical education to tribal lands, as well as developing a high-tech services industry to support the tribal gaming network. This would include developing server facilities on tribal lands and creating jobs in Internet security, computer programming, web design and other services utilized by online gaming companies.”
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
- Red Bull and the ISPT Announce Exclusive Partnership
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call