PokerStars Shows Their Generosity in the $67,500 Freeroll Series
The $67,500 PokerStars PokerNews Freeroll Series has been written into the history books, as a slight amendment was made to the promotion thanks to the generosity shown by PokerStars.
In the initial terms and conditions of this fantastic promotion, the plan was to run 12 individual $5,000 freerolls, and then distribute an additional $7,500 to the top 15 performers. The freerolls all ran smoothly and were enjoyed by everyone who participated in them, but there was a slight problem when it came to awarding the $7,500 to our top 15 point earners.
When the final points were tallied, it was discovered that the 16th-place finisher had the same number of points as the 15th-place player. This is when PokerStars stepped in to amend the payouts. PokerStars agreed to pay an additional $50 to the 16th-place finisher so they would not be left out in the cold. It is a great gesture and one that "Ei8ht2wo" will no doubt be grateful for. Here is how the final standings look:
Big congratulations to everyone who made it into the top 16 and a big thank you to PokerStars.
Although this promotion has ended, you can get involved in our latest adventure on PokerStars, a $22,500 freeroll! This spectacular freeroll will take place at 14:00 ET (19:00 WET) on Jan. 7, 2013 and is open to new and existing PokerNews customers.
The PokerNews $22,500 Freeroll is only open to players who have downloaded and signed up to PokerStars using our links and marketing codes. New customers, who have entered the marketing code "POKERNEWS.COM" when creating their PokerStars account, will need to make their first real money deposit onto PokerStars between Dec. 1 and Dec. 31 and they will automatically receive a ticket to the $22,500 freeroll.
Existing customers who have a PokerStars account that was created via PokerNews will have already been enjoying the fruits of our previous promotions, which over the past two years have had combined prize pools in excess of $500,000! They can also get involved in the $22,500 freeroll too by generating 100 VPPs between Dec.1 and Dec. 31. It really is as simple as that.
Download PokerStars today and reap the benefits of PokerNews' special relationship with them.
- 2013 World Series of Poker Europe Schedule Announced; High Roller Bracelet Event Added
- 2013 World Poker Tour Championship Day 3: Babakhani Leads, Eyes Back-to-Back Titles
- Become a Bounty Hunter in the bet-at-home.com Bounty Brawl Freerolls
- Marcel Luske's International Poker Rules Association Launches Revamped Site, Mobile App
- Luke Graham Wins 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event for $228,600
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 2: Mercier Leads the Final Table
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!