Tony G Parts Ways with PartyPoker to Represent TonyBet.com
On Friday, Antanas "Tony G" Guoga revealed that he has parted ways with PartyPoker and will be the first poker player to represent TonyBet.com, a sports betting company he founded in 2009.
Tony G signed with PartyPoker in 2010 as a sponsored pro and represented the online poker room at premier events all over the globe, including the World Series of Poker, World Poker Tour and PartyPoker Premier League, where he is the only player to compete in every event. Tony will participate in this month's PartyPoker Premier League VI and will represent his online betting firm for the first time on television.
"TonyBet has grown 10 times over the last 18 months and is growing every day," Tony G told PokerNews on Friday. "It's no longer fair for me to also be part of PartyPoker. I really would like to thank PartyPoker for over 10 years of working together. I still remain a loyal affiliate of PartyPoker via all my online poker interests, with the main one being PokerNews, and am thankful for everything the site did for me."
Guoga leaves a roster of Team Party players that includes Mike Sexton, Kara Scott, Marvin Rettenmaier and Tomeu Gomila.
"Lots of you know that sports betting is a big passion of mine and we’ll always aim to please you with the best prices," Tony said about TonyBet in his blog. "We are still very much in the early stages — we have huge plans. Come and beat me — come and take everything I have! I want to bet on the sun coming up in the morning, but I have a clever team behind me who are trying to rein me in at the moment. We’ll see how clever they are!"
Tony's full blog about his departure from PartyPoker can be found at TonyGPoker.com.
Follow PokerNews on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.
- PokerStars SCOOP Promotion Closing Fast!
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 1b: Rahul Deevara Leads
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!