Over $1 Million Guaranteed in the latest Pokerfest at partypoker
If tournament poker is what gets you all hot and bothered you need to look no further than partypoker as the latest incarnation of Pokerfest is up and running. From March 2 through to March 16, partypoker hosts a total of 67 events across 15 days that have combined prize pools in excess of $1 million! One million dollars; that is a lot of money!
Regardless of what your favorite game is, Pokerfest has something for you. There is a huge choice of Hold’em and Omaha tournaments played to freezeout, rebuy, turbo and bounty structures and with buy-ins starting as low as $5 –and qualifiers from only $1 – there is a Pokerfest tournament to suit all budgets.
Without a doubt, the highlight of Pokerfest is the $300,000 guaranteed Main Event. This spectacular tournament costs $200 to enter, but with Mega Satellites running around the clock that feed into it, you could be playing for a slice of the $300,000 guaranteed prize pool for as little as $5!
The partypoker Pokerfest is one of the most eagerly anticipated online poker festivals on the calendar so make sure you do not miss out on any of the action. Download partypoker via PokerNews today and enjoy a whole host of benefits!
partypoker Revamps Its Tournament Schedule
If you prefer to play tournament poker over cash games then the news that partypoker has revamped its tournament schedule should be music t your ears. With immediate effect, the partypoker tournament lobby has an extra 400 tournaments available every week. Below are 10 highlights of the new and improved partypoker tournament schedule.
- 400 more tournament every week with buy-ins starting at only $0.50.
- New MTT pricing that consolidates buy-ins at player-friendly tiers for recreational players at all levels.
- More than double the number of tournaments in other game variants such as limit Hold’em, Omaha and Stud.
- Introduction of Daily Majors: Choose from over 50 guaranteed tournaments throughout the week
- Saturday Majors: Discover an exciting mix of tournaments every Saturday. Omaha, Hyper Turbos, 6 Max and more. Buy-ins from $1 to $200 with plenty of guaranteed prize pools.
- Bounty Majors: Pocket an extra cash reward every time you knock a player out in these special tournaments.
- Omaha Majors: Speaks for itself!
- WPT Steps Challenge: The WPT Steps Challenge is a seven-step series of Sit & Go tournaments which allow players to progress from a $1 buy-in Step 1 SNG up to a full World Poker Tour package or seat-only Step 6 for select WPT events around the world!
- Tournament Missions: Missions give players targets to aim for, challenge them to try new things and improve their game.
- Sunday Majors: Small changes have been made to the showpiece Sunday Majors with emphasis on customer convenience and games to suit players at all levels.
Take a look at the tournament schedule for yourself at partypoker.
[TIMER="2014-01-15 00:00|2014-03-15 23:59"]
Every Wednesday, from January 15 – March 15,2014 , partypoker is adding a brand new iPhone 5S to the prize pool of a PokerNews-exclusive tournament that only costs 5 partypoints to enter! Earning 5 partypoints is easy, as you are awarded 2 points per $1 paid in cash game rake or tournament fees, which means you have the chance of winning a brand new iPhone 5S for as little as $2.50 in rake!
Winners can choose to take $300 in tournament Dollars in lieu of the iPhone 5S if they wish.
Partypoker first launched in 2001 and at one time was the leader in online poker. Partypoker is still one of the largest online poker sites in the world and their software has been downloaded more than 30 million times.
In March 2011, PartyGaming and sports betting giant bwin merged to create bwin.party Digital Entertainment, the world’s largest publically listed gaming company.
In September 2013, partypoker launched new social networking poker software that incorporates a number of features designed to attract new and casual players including player achievements and the ability to easily see what partypoker friends have recently been up to.
Limits and Rake
Partypoker has removed most of their high limit games. For no limit cash games, the limits range from $0.01/$0.02 up to $5/$10. Limit cash games are available from $0.02/$0.04 to $30/$60. Partypoker only offers the 2 most popular poker variants with Hold’em and Omaha varieties.
Partypoker features tournaments for both the professional and casual player with buy-ins ranging from $0.50 to $700. They also have a weekly $215 buyin $200K Guaranteed tournament every Sunday which is softer than most major tournaments on other poker sites. For players just starting their bankroll, they offer frequent freeroll tournaments and tournaments that can be entered with frequent player points.
Rake is only paid on partypoker if a flop is seen and is generally set at 5% with a max $3 cap. Partypoker charges a reasonable tournament fee ranging from 7.7% to 11.1% of the tournament buy-in.
partypoker regularly has more than 10,000 players online at once at peak times, with just under 3,400 of them playing real money cash games. During peak hours, there will be games available at just about any stakes partypoker is offering.
Partypoker has taken steps to prevent professional players from taking advantage of their growing recreational player base including removing high stakes cash games, segregating players with a high win rate, offering anonymous tables which prevent the use of 3rd party HUDs, and removing the highest tier of their rewards program.
Partypoker is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Players can also download a mobile application on their Android and iOS devices or even play via a web browser.
The partypoker lobby contains a variety of filters making it simple & intuitive for players to find the game they are looking for. It is simple to multi-table on partypoker since the software makes it easy to quickly find games along with having the ability to resize their tables.
partypoker is also the home to FastForward poker, a variant of "fast-fold" poker where players no longer have to wait long periods for playable hands, and can play upwards of 120-200 hands per hour per table!
Software and Extra Features
The partypoker software is one of the best in the business and it's no wonder than tens of thousands of players use it each and every day. Some of the features include:
- 1-Click Lobby: Allows quick access to favorite games.
- Missions: Fun to achieve rewards including cash, tournament tickets, and bonuses for completing special partypoker missions.
- Achievements: Ability to reach up to 120 achievements and brag to partypoker friends.
- Friends and Profile page: Easy to search and add new friends. partypoker also automatically suggests potential friends based on achievements and missions completed as well as games and stakes played.
- FastForward: A fast paced cash game where when players fold or end their hand they are quickly brought to a new table of different players playing at the same limits.
- Security: Login security token available to keep player balances safe.
As one of the top poker outfits, partypoker delivers 24-hour online support through its large team. The Support Centre agents offer free phone support, email support, live chat, and an extensive Q&A database on the Partypoker site.