PokerStars Granted License in Malta; Prepares to Launch PokerStars.eu
Two days after being granted a full gaming license in Belgium, PokerStars announced Friday that it has secured a Remote Gaming License in Malta and will soon be rolling out www.PokerStars.eu, which will benefit players in several European markets.
Details about the new site are expected to be announced in the coming days, but PokerStars has assured that the new site will be dedicated to serving the needs of its European players.
"We expect our Malta license will immediately benefit players who have told us they want to share in the benefits — such as clarity around taxation — that some jurisdictions offer to sites with a license from European Union nations," said Eric Hollreiser, head of corporate communications at PokerStars.
In addition to Malta, PokerStars now holds licenses in Belgium, France, Italy, Estonia, Denmark and the Isle of Man.
"Obtaining an online gaming license is an arduous task," said Hollreiser. "It requires significant resources and a willingness to allow detailed scrutiny of company practices and procedures that examine an applicant's credentials in important areas like integrity, security, and attitudes to responsible gaming.
"We're happy to submit to this, though, when there's a clear benefit to players, the industry or our company. In particular, as far as our players are concerned, we believe that each new license we obtain underscores the reasons why they should feel comfortable playing with us. We don't know of any company in our industry that has been licensed by as many jurisdictions as PokerStars."
PokerNews will provide more to this story as it develops.
*Photo courtesy of SunIslandTours.com.
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
- Red Bull and the ISPT Announce Exclusive Partnership
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!