Nevada Gaming Commission Seeking Comment on Interstate Agreements
The Nevada Gaming Commission has filed a Request for Comment from all licensees and interested persons on “regulations concerning interstate agreements for interactive gaming.”
Last month, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval signed Assembly Bill 114 into law, which allows the state, — one of three states to previously pass online gambling legislation — to enter into compacts with other states. However, before doing so, a five-member commission must draft regulations, and according to the Notice of Request for Comments, hope to gauge public opinion on the following questions:
- 1. What topics should the board and commission consider putting in regulation relating to an interstate agreement on interactive gaming?
- 2. Should revenue sharing between signatory states to a compact be based on the location of where the wager originated? Why or why not? Please be specific and cite any relevant legal support.
- 3. Should revenue sharing between signatory states to a compact be based on the location of the licensed interactive host? Why or why not? Please be specific and cite any relevant legal support.
- 4. Should the regulatory body of the signatory state where the wager originated have control over player disputes related to said players? Why or why not? Please be specific and cite any relevant legal support.
- 5. Please provide any other information not requested above that is relevant to regulations for interstate agreements on interactive gaming. Regulatory language will be drafted after comments are submitted and will be considered at a regulatory workshop yet to be scheduled.
Comments will be accepted by the Commission’s executive secretary until April 12, 2013, and will be posted online. Replies to those comments will then be accepted until April 19, 2013.
If you’re interested in submitting a comment, they can either be mailed, faxed or emailed using the following information:
Sally P. Elloyan
Executive Secretary Nevada Gaming Commission
1919 College Parkway
P.O. Box 8003
Carson City, NV 89702
- Tony G To Attend ISPT; Purchase Shares of Him Through MyPokerSquad.com
- 2013 World Poker Tour World Championship Day 1: Failla Thrills at the Start
- 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event Day 1b: Rahul Deevara Leads
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
- George Danzer, Victor "Puropoker123" Lemos & Adam “Roothlus” Levy Win SCOOP Titles
Most Popular This Week
- Audio Tapes Expose Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal; Phil Hellmuth Responds
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 1: Mercier Mashing; Ivey Busts Twice
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!