WSOP What To Watch For: Coren, Childs and Steinberg Chasing Gold in Event #53
While everyone will be focused on the $1,000,000 Big One for One Drop at the 2012 World Series of Poker, another event will be trudging along to a winner. Event #53: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em is on to Day 3 with 28 players remaining and the 53rd gold bracelet winner of the year will be crowned.
Coren Hunting for First Bracelet
Team PokerStars Pro Victoria Coren is looking to capture her first WSOP gold bracelet after emerging as one of the Day 2 chip leaders in Event #53. Coren's largest live tournament cash thus far was for £500,000 as a result of winning a European Poker Tour Main Event in 2006. Coren would become the second woman during this year's WSOP to win an open event after fellow Team Pro Vanessa Selbst.
Lee Looking For Biggest Cash to Date
Lee Childs is among the final 28 in Event 53 and will be looking for his biggest cash since his seventh-place finish in the Main Event in 2007, which was good for $705,229. A first-place finish in the event would give Lee his first gold gold bracelet and biggest cash to date — $737,248. Lee already cashed once during this year's WSOP after placing 24th in Event #9: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry.
Number Two for Steinberg?
In Event #33: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em, Max Steinberg took home the gold and over $440,000 for the victory when he defeated a field of 2,795 entries. Steinberg is deep again with the chance at becoming the first two-time gold bracelet winner of 2012 if he's able to find himself to the winner's circle in this one. With 28 players left, Steinberg still has a bit of ways to go, but he sits in 11th place with an above-average stack and is poised to make it happen.
As always, you can find PokerNews' coverage of the 2012 WSOP on our Live Reporting Pages. We look forward to having you follow along and stay tuned for plenty more from our What To Watch For series.
- Luke Graham Wins 2012-13 WSOP Circuit Harrah's New Orleans Main Event for $228,600
- Steve Gross and Shawn Buchanan Win SCOOP Titles; Shaun Deeb Denied Again
- WPT on FSN Five Diamond Part I: Negreanu's Six Bullets & Esfandiari's Final Table Magic
- Seat Open: George Danzer Part Two
- The Sunday Briefing: David “MissOracle” Yan and Steve "betrthanphil" Tripp Win Majors
Most Popular This Week
- Ivey Purportedly Won £7.8 Million Playing Punto Banco by Reading Back of Flawed Cards
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- Doyle Brunson to Forgo Tournament Play at the WSOP
- Season 9 EPT Grand Final Super High Roller Day 2: Mercier Leads the Final Table
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!