2012-13 WSOP Circuit Caesars Atlantic City Day 1: Benedetto Bianco Leads
On Saturday, two Day 1 flights finished out play at the 2012-13 World Series of Poker Circuit Caesars Atlantic City Main Event. After nine levels of play, the man looking down on everyone else is Benedetto Bianco, who amassed an incredible stack of 174,600. Bianco’s stack was much larger than the next closest competitor, Gregory Mitchell, with 118,900. With the players coming back to blinds of 400/800/100, Bianco has a great start in the event over the rest of the field.
Day 1 Top 10 Chip Counts
Bianco and Mitchell weren’t the only players who had a great day today. Two-time WSOP Circuit ring winner Gary Bolden will come back tomorrow with a stack of 107,100. Other members of the six figure club are Patrick Houchins (108,400), Harry Korotki (106,600) and Micah Raskin (106,000). Mitchell was the only player from Day 1b to crack the 100,000-chip mark.
Some of the other notable players who will be joining these lucky individuals tomorrow include Christian Harder (64,400), Mitch Schock (59,600), Ting Ho (53,500), Matt Glantz (42,200), Lee Childs (27,700) and Mark “Pegasus” Smith (33,000), who is looking to win his record-tying sixth ring.
Not everyone was able to make it to Day 2 however. Kyle Bowker, Rex Clinkscales, Roland Israelashvili and Chris Reslock were amongst the notables who fired two bullets today and came up short.
On one of Israelashvili's eliminations, the one on Day 1b, he moved all in preflop with the , but was called by an opponent holding the . The board ran through , and Israelashvili was eliminated.
The approximate 270 players from a field of 517 who survived both Day 1a and 1b will combine together on Sunday to play Day 2. If anyone did not play and bust both Day 1 flights, then they can come back then and register before play starts. The plan is to play down to a final table, or until 2 a.m. ET, whichever comes first. Be sure to tune into PokerNews for all the action tomorrow on our live reporting pages.
- The $15K Spring Freeroll Series and $5K RakeChase Are Still Running at Titan Poker!
- Who'll Be Playing in the World Series of Poker Circuit National Championship?
- Pat Steele Wins HPT Soaring Eagle Casino for $155,636; Joe Cada Finishes Fourth
- John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes Wins PokerNews Mid-States Poker Tour Northern Lights
- Calvin Anderson Wins 4th SCOOP Watch; Ben Wilinofsky and David Baker Earn Huge Scores
Most Popular This Week
- Jamie Gold's 2006 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Up for Auction
- WSOP Announces 2013-14 Circuit Schedule: 10th Season, 22 Events, Three Added Stops
- The Railbird: Gus Hansen Wins $1.57 Million in One Day Playing Primarily FLO8
- Highlights from the 2013 World Series of Poker Conference Call
- WSOP Releases the 2013 Carnivale of Poker Schedule
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!