Three Card Poker has been around since the very beginning of the card game that is poker. Since its invention it has grown in popularity and is fair to say three card poker is among the most well-known casino games in the world.
A few facts have helped the game grow in stature over the years: three card poker is easy to learn, easy to play. Unlike some casino games, three card poker is not just based on luck because there an element of skill involved in your hand selection, and Three Card Poker is not only easy but also fun too.
Three card poker is a fair slow-paced table game that is very simple to learn.
These elements have helped to ensure that three card poker is becoming one of the most popular table games in casinos around the work.
How to play Three Card Poker
Three card poker, a fun version of poker that was invented by Derek Webb in 1994, is the version most people play when they head to their casino. Three card poker isn't played against other players, instead, in three card poker where you play against the dealer you only have to be concerned with what your cards are and what the house's cards are. Making a mistake only punishes you and not your fellow players like at the Blackjack tables.
OK – so you want to try three card poker? Good choice! Here are the basics:
- In the three card poker strategy the player makes an ante or bet.
- The dealer gives each player and themselves three cards. The dealer's cards are face down and you can only examine your own cards.
- If you have made the ante bet then you must either fold or raise. Folding forfeits your ante wager, raising means you must make an additional play bet that is equal to your ante bet.
- The dealer then turns over their cards,
- The dealer needs queen-high or better to qualify
- If the dealer does not qualify, you win even money on the ante bet and play bet is a push.
- If the dealer qualifies, your hand is compared to the dealer's hand and the best hand wins.
- If you have a better hand than the dealer, you win even money on the ante and play bet.
- If the dealer has a better hand, both of your ante and play bets lose.
- If it is a tie, then both the ante and play bets are a push.
- If you have a straight or better, you receive an ante bonus regardless of the value of the dealer's hand.
- If you have placed a pair plus bet, it is paid based on the value of the player's hand. This pays out differently depending where you play.
The house edge is relatively small in three card poker, usually around 3.3% if you play optimally, but this edge can increase significantly with side bets or incorrect strategy.
Your best bet is at Three Card poker don't play the bonus call without looking. Betting the pair plus option increases the house edge by more than 2.3% so forget about the times you could have won a big payout when you've not placed a pair plus bet, simply try to play in a way that minimises the house edge.
Three card poker is a fair slow-paced table game that is very simple to learn, when playing three card poker play this strategy:
- Raise with
- Fold everything else
See, we told you it was simple; it's one of the reasons that three card poker is my game! You usually find it is a game played in a more relaxed setting as nobody is worried about making mistakes that affect others, and by following the above simple strategy we hope it won't be long before you can claim "I am a huge winner at the three card poker table!"