Beginning in February, Southwest Poker News will merge into Ante Up Magazine. The merger, announced by Ante Up Poker Media LLC and Arizona Poker News LLC on New Year’s Eve, is expected to increase Ante Up Magazine’s physical press run up to 40,000 copies in more than 280 casinos and poker rooms nationwide. It’s also expected to significantly increase the publication’s page count as it expands its coverage in Southwestern states.
"We’re excited to welcome Southwest Poker News’ readers and advertisers to Ante Up," said Scott Long, co-publisher of Ante Up Magazine alongside Chris Cosenza. "Our combined forces will further cement Ante Up as the nation’s leading poker publication, and the potential for future growth is endless."
As part of the merger several of the Southwest Poker News staff will be brought into the Ante Up fold.
- Christopher Cronin, founder of Arizona Poker News LLC and Southwest Poker News, will become Director of Sales for Ante Up Poker Media LLC;
- Experienced reporter Jon Zaun, who recently penned The Year That Was: Looking Back On An Amazing 2013, Pt. 1 for PokerNews, will become the Ante Up Ambassador for Phoenix/North Arizona;
- Brian Pedersen (Tucson/South Arizona), Hans Hollenbeck (Colorado) and John Short (Southern Oklahoma/Texas) will become Ante Up Ambassadors in their respective regions;
- Donovan Livingston will write features and assist with New Mexico coverage;
- and Mark Brement and Sean Hansen will join Ante Up's stable of strategy columnists.
"I really feel that the hard work and dedication from myself and my staff has been recognized, and we look forward to bringing our readers the same great coverage on a much larger scale," said Cronin. "I am also very thankful for the advertising partners who have remained loyal and made it possible to bring the poker players of the Southwest all of your poker news each month. Scott Long and Chris Cosenza are great guys and we share the common goal of becoming the #1 media source for every poker player!"
"For the past three years, Southwest Poker News has been the dominant poker news source in Arizona, New Mexico and other Southwestern states," Long concluded. "With Chris Cronin now on our team, Ante Up looks forward to continuing that great work and giving the players and casinos in that region the national exposure that they so richly deserve."
Look for your copy of Ante Up Magazine at your local casino or card room. You can also subscribe on anteupmagazine.com.
*Pictures courtesy of Ante Up & SWPN.