Julien Martini Becomes Most-Decorated French Player in WSOP History After €2,000 8-Game Victory
Less than three days after winning the second WSOP bracelet of his career in Event #8: €2,500 Short Deck, Julien Martini has won his third after defeating Ole Schemion heads-up in Event #12: €2,000 8-Game.
The result means that Martini moves ahead of Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier and Roger Hairabedian to become the only French player with three WSOP bracelets.
Martini defeated the overnight chip leader to win €33,910, with Schemion taking home €20,960 after his second WSOP Europe final table.
Event #12: €2,000 8-Game Final Table Results
|Place||Winner||Country||Prize (in EUR)|
|6||Artan Dedusha||United Kingdom||€5,620|
Final Table Recap
Just ten players returned for the final day, all having locked up €3,158. It took mere minutes to reach the final seven after Borja Gross, Roland Israelashvili and Max Pescatori all hit the rail in quick succession.
There was barely any change in the leaderboard, with Schemion still in the lead, and he moved further ahead with the elimination of Grzegorz Wyraz in seventh.
Now over a million, Schemion continued to build up a head of steam and despite a double from Nicolas Bokowski, he retained a huge advantage over his nearest competitor.
Artan Dedusha and Symeon Alexandridis both made their exits before a crucial double from Martini saw him draw level with Schemion at the top of the counts.
Short-stack Mikkel Plum would bust in fourth, as Martini and Schemion continued their battle at the top. Bokowski tried in vain to gain ground on his opponents, but would eventually fall in third after running a set of aces into Martini's rivered flush in Pot-Limit Omaha.
Martini's lead extended over the course of heads-up play, with Schemion failing to gain traction on his French opponent. The last chips went in during Limit Hold'em, with Martini eventually coming out on top.
In this Series
- 1 First 2021 World Series of Poker Europe Bracelet Awarded at King's Resort
- 2 Bjorn Verbakel Wins First Bracelet for $59,250 in Event #2: €550 Pot-Limit Omaha
- 3 Emil Bise Tops 1,397 Player Field to Win WSOPE Mini Main Event for €250,175
- 4 Samuel Stranak Dominates Event #4: €2,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Final Table to Win First WSOP Bracelet
- 5 Antoine Vranken Completes Final Day Comeback in Event #6: €1,650 PLO/NLH Mixed for €113,000
- 6 Maxmilian Klostermeier Steamrolls WSOPE Event #7: €5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha
- 7 Julien Martini Wins Second Bracelet in Event #8: €2,500 Short Deck Hold'em
- 8 Sergiu Covrig Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #9: €1,100 NLH Bounty Hunter (€79,282)
- 9 Jouhkimainen Denied AGAIN Heads-Up as Lyubovetskiy Wins WSOP Europe €25,000 Platinum High Roller
- 10 Julien Martini Becomes Most-Decorated French Player in WSOP History After €2,000 8-Game Victory
- 11 Simone Andrian Tops 535 Player Field to Win WSOPE Event #11: €1,650 NLH 6-Max
- 12 Romain Le Dantec Overcomes Star-Studded Final Table to Win Event #13: €10,000 NLH 6-Max
- 13 Alessandro Pichierri Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #15: €3,000 NLH Closer (€148,008)
- 14 Josef Gulas Jr Wins the 2021 WSOP Europe Main Event (€1,276,712)