2013 World Series of Poker

Event #47: $111,111 One Drop High Rollers No-Limit Hold'em
Day: 1
Event Info

2013 World Series of Poker

Final Results
Winning Hand
Event Info
Prize Pool
Level Info
250,000 / 500,000

Philbort Doesn't Survive Doc

Level 6 : 1,000/2,000, 300 ante
Philipp Gruissem
Philipp Gruissem

We saw some commotion over at the feature table and made our way over just in time to see Germany's Philipp "Philbort" Gruissem get his stack in holding the {j-Spades}{7-Spades} on a {9-Spades}{3-Hearts}{8-Spades} flop. He was up against none other than David "Doc" Sands, who had flopped a set with the {3-Spades}{3-Diamonds}.

According to the PokerNews Odds Calculator, Gruissem's gutshot straight flush draw gave him a 34.75% chance of surviving the hand while Sands was a 65.25% favorite.

Gruissem didn't seemed too worried, that is until the dealer burned and turned the {9-Diamonds}. The paired board gave Sands a full house and meant that Gruissem needed to hit his straight flush to stay alive. Unfortunately for him, there was only a 2.27% chance of that happening. The dealer burned one last time and put out the {6-Clubs}. Gruissem, who is known as one of the most successful high rollers in the game, wished the remaining players well and then slowly strolled out of the tournament area.

Meanwhile, Kathy Lehne, the founder, President and CEO of SunCoast Resources we told you about earlier and one of only two women in the field, appears to have been eliminated from the tournament.

Player Chips Progress
David Sands us
David Sands
550,000 246,000
Kathy Lehne us
Kathy Lehne
Philipp Gruissem de
Philipp Gruissem
WSOP 1X Winner

Tags: David SandsPhilipp GruissemKathy Lehne