EPT Barcelona Plans To Be One To Remember
From August 16-27, the European Poker Tour will return to Casino Barcelona in Spain for the first stop on its Season 11 schedule. It also marks a special milestone for the tour, as it will be the 100th stop in EPT history.
Not only will PokerStars celebrate with a heavy 44-event schedule — which you can view by clicking here — but they’ve also announced a bevy of activities and promotions to celebrate the historic stop.
EPT 100 joins forces with the national Estrellas Poker Tour once again for what is being called the EPT Barcelona Poker Festival, and it will include such events as the €1,100 Estrellas Main Event, the €5,300 EPT Main Event, and the prestigious €50,000 Super High Roller.
“We are very excited about this unique event,” said EPT President Edgar Stuchly. “The 100th EPT is one of the most important milestones in the history of the EPT and is also set to be one of the most memorable with a host of activities for players as well as a very exciting poker schedule.”
In addition to plenty of poker, the EPT is offering players a ton of free activities and competitions as part of the special celebrations for "#EPT100" — the hashtag you should use to get in on the conversation surrounding the event.
“From speedboat trips to GoCars, EPTLive and Instagram competitions, to qualifier freerolls and a special challenge with Team Pros, an unrivalled schedule of pursuits will be on offer for all players at the historic 100th EPT event,” PokerStars announced in a press release. “#EPT100 will be at the fore in all activities — and prizes up for grabs include EPT Barcelona side events seats, Skullcandy headphones, an iPad Mini, VIP Store merchandise, and an #EPT100 limited edition hamper of goodies.”
Among the free activities being offered to EPT and Estrellas players, as well as members of Team PokerStars Pro, include:
- Free Jet Ski rides, launching from Port Olimpic dock just two minutes from Casino Barcelona
- Free speedboat rides, also launching from Port Olimpic
- Free BiciBike expeditions around Barcelona; sampling some great beers while you take in the city sights on an 18-seater bicycle
- Fun tours round Barcelona in a fabulous two-seater GoCar
As for special promotions, full package and Main Event seat qualifiers for EPT Barcelona will also be eligible to compete in a dedicated online freeroll on Sunday, August 17. The five top finishers will be invited to take part in an exclusive “#EPT100 Barcelona Takedown” day on August 21 alongside members of Team PokerStars Pro. The Barcelona Takedown is a day of activities and challenges including an against-the-clock Barcelona photo challenge, jet ski rides, lunch at a top restaurant, one-on-one training and a seat in the EPT100 10-max Challenge tournament, to win EPT side-event buy-ins. For more information on the Barcelona Takedown, head on over to the PokerStars Blog.
Other promotional contests include:
- #EPT100Brag Instagram/ Twitter Contest — In the #EPT100Brag Instagram and Twitter contest, players will be invited to submit pictures for the chance of winning an iPad Mini and other VIP store swag.
- Best EPT Clip Instagram Contest — Players will also get the chance to vote for their favorite clip from 10 years of EPT shows on the PokerStars YouTube channel.
- Suesswaren Grasel, the Official Chocolate Partner of EPT Season 11, will also be giving out hundreds of chocolate goodies during their special, sponsored event — the €220 Grasel Sweets Super Stack.
Several big names are already confirmed for the event, including EPT Copenhagen champion Mickey Petersen, EPT London winner David Vamplew, Eureka Prague finalist Stephen "stevie444" Chidwick, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure runner-up and EPT Dortmund champion Mike "Timex" McDonald, and Shaun Deeb.
Other stops slated for EPT Season 11 include London, Prague, and Deauville, with the PokerStars and Monte-Carlo®Casino EPT Grand Final to be held in Monaco. Additional stops may be announced as the season progresses.
For more information about the PokerStars.com European Poker Tour and the upcoming Barcelona stop, click here.