The 2016 World Series of Poker Main Event is in full swing over in Las Vegas, but for many poker players the PokerStars Sunday Million is their big dance.
This week’s $215 buy-in Sunday Million attracted a crowd of 6,030 who created a prize pool of some $1.206 million. That was shared among the top 900 finishers. Each of the nine players at the final table guaranteed themselves a $9,346.50 payday, although with $183,432.60 awarded to the champion, everyone had greater aspirations.
Once the final table was down to four players, it was agreed to pause the tournament so they could discuss a possible deal for the remaining prize pool. Those negotiations proved fruitful and the least any of them would take home was slightly more than $100,000, with the eventual champion collecting an additional $20,000 to the sums they'd agreed upon.
One by one the players fell by the wayside, leaving a well-known pro as the last man standing, the champion of the Sunday Million. That player was Luke "lb6121" Schwartz, who banked $130,717.53, adding a Sunday Million title to the five SCOOP titles he has to his name.
The final four players, involved in the deal, were:
- Luke "lb6121" Schwartz — first place for $130,717.53
- "Stoooookie!" — second place for $109,570.55
- Jayme "jayme1987" Bury — third place for $135,510.73
- "TheGreatPike" — fourth place for $106,118.79
There were plenty of other big scores enjoyed by players all around the globe this Sunday at PokerStars, the biggest of them being:
- "jokerrrrro" — winner of the Sunday Starter for $6,095.25
- "Drupeg" — winner of the Sunday Kickoff for $19,057
- "strflushtome" — winner of the Sunday Warm-Up for $45,627
- "fer_90_1" — winner of the Big $109 for $20,914.32
- Rui "RuiNF" Ferreira — winner of the Super-Sized Sunday for $25,396.59
- "C. Darwin2" — winner of the Sunday Grand for $44,376.50
- "FouEnculePL" — winner of the Big $215 for $20,652.38
- "!Weak4Ever!" — winner of the Sunday Cooldown for $15,070.82
- "ismo" — winner of the Sunday Supersonic for $27,847.93
- Scott "scott96dl" Glenn — winner of the Sunday Wrap-Up for $7,980
888poker Whale Titles Heads to Brazil
Over at 888poker, Brazil’s Pedro "gusma" Madeira came out on top of the $100,000 Whale meaning they turned $600 into $21,500 in a shade over eight-and-a-half hours, not bad work if you can get it.
Another $100,000 guaranteed event, this time the $100,000 Mega Deep, saw "saiyajin1337" walk away with the $19,958.40 first-place prize, with another Brazilian, this time Rodrigo "selouan1991" Selouan winning the $65,000 Sunday Challenge for $12,597.08.
Brace of Big Scores at partypoker
Completing the Sunday Briefing for another week is a roundup of the biggest scores at partypoker, one of which being the $25,317.50 won by "DamianLillard" after they outlasted a field of 247 in the $100,000 guaranteed High Roller.
This week's Main Event also sported a $100,000 guarantee, the lion’s share of which is now nestled in the account of "YTheSnaiL" namely $20,146.32