Pavlo Kolinkovskiy Binks Two GGPoker Sunday Majors
Table Of Contents
Not every top poker tournament players has jetted off to Las Vegas 2021 World Series of Poker. Scores of the game’s elite have chosen to remain on home soil and continue the online poker grind. Pavlo Kolinkovskiy is one such player, and his recent results at GGPoker vindicate his decision to give the WSOP swerve and battle it out online instead.
Kolinkovskiy finished sixth in last week’s Super MILLION$, a result that saw him reel in $92,164. On November 7, Kolinkovskiy took down not one but two Sunday majors at GGPoker, continuing his impressive form at the virtual felt.
The Ukrainian, who is showing as playing out of Montenegro, won the first of his two tournaments in the $525 Sunday High Rollers Special. The $525 buy-in event drew in a 214-strong field, and he outlasted them all.
Those finishing in the top three positions turned their investment into a five-figure sum. Cyprus’ Kostantinos "WoohooYESYoNo" Tsakonas was the first of that trio to win big, his third-place finish coming with a $12,858 addition to his bankroll.
The Cypriot’s exit left China’s Kevin Pu heads-up against Kolinkovskiy. Neither player was interested in a deal, so they played out the tournament as planned. The heads-up battle went Kolinkovskiy’s way, and he walked away with the title of champion and $22,865. Pu consoled himself with a $17,146 consolation prize.
$525 Sunday High Rollers Special Final Table Results
|3||Kostantinos "WoohooYESYoNo" Tsakonas||Cyprus||$12,858|
|4||Juanki "Little Pepe" Vecino||Estonia||$9,642|
|5||Zhen "Medusazzz27" Chen||China||$7,230|
|7||Pedro "zaguinha" Reis||Brazil||$4,066|
|9||Vitaliy "Durdy" Pankov||Russia||$2,286|
Kolinkovskiy Secures Bounty Turbo Title
Victory number two came in the compact but star-studded $2,100 Sunday High Rollers Heater Bounty Turbo tournament. Only 49 players bought in, but those 49 read like a who’s who of the online poker world.
Hungarian pro Tamas "szagos" Adamszki was the first play at the final table to lock up some of the main prize pool money. Adamszki’s sixth-place exit yielded a combined prize worth $9,314.
Enrico Camosci, who finished second in the Super MILLION$ Kolinkovskiy final tabled, was the next player to bust. The Malta-based star won $6,595 in total.
Fourth place and $12,257 went to Bruno Volkmann before Matias "corre19" Salas of Argentina bowed out in third for $9,413. Surprisingly, Salas finished as high as third without claiming a single bounty along the way.
Kolinkovskiy and Marius Gierse locked horns heads up. Both guaranteed themselves more than $12,200 from the main prize pool, but the final bounty payment was worth almost double that, meaning everything was still to play for.
Again, the one-on-one battle went Kolinkovskiy’s way, so he emerged victorious and with $33,964 reasons to be delighted. Gierse headed into the night with $16,204 to show for his efforts
$2,100 Sunday High Rollers Heater Bounty Turbo Final Table Results
|3||Matias "corre19" Salas||Argentina||$||$9,413||$9,413|
|6||Tamas "szagos" Adamszki||Hungary||$5,000||$4,314||$9,314|
Other Scores Over $15,000 at GGPoker
it was not only the events Kolinkovskiy won that awarded chunky prizes, because more than a dozen others gifted their victor at least $15,000.
$120,226 was the largest prize awarded. That went to "HowYouDoing" after they triumphed in the $1,050 GGMasters High Rollers event. Their prize would have been even larger had they not struck a deal with Karl "HotBoy19" Mets ($106,552) and Joao "nobreadpls" Ferreira ($100,821) when play was three-handed.
- HowYouDoing – first-place in the $1,050 GGMasters High Rollers for $120,226
- Patrick "LateNightT" Lauber – first-place in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $87,879*
- Tom "JukeZonYou" Kunze – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event for $78,538
- Carlos "crumbs" Serrano – first-place in the $105 Bounty MILLION$ for $64,009*
- MrnnizregnaD – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $57,510
- dodiapa – first-place in the $315 Sunday Bounty King for $32,023*
- Chris Klodnicki – first-place in the $250 Sunday Main Event for $31,250
- Thomas Muehloecker – first-place in the $3,150 High Rollers Blade Bounty King for $26,065*
- Yahiinbee – first-place in the $840 SUnday High Rollers Bounty Special for $25,915*
- DonCptLulli – first-place in the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $24,143*
- Matthew "Un Gamja!" Wakeman - first-place in the $300 Sunday Marathon for $22,103
- Mikhail "zyxel777" Aleksandrov – first-place in the $250 Sunday Fifty Stack for $18,942
- Maddona – first-place in the $210 Sunday heater for $17,496*
- Happy-AYA – first-place in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Encore for $16,805*
*includes bounty payments