From February 20 through March 8, PokerStars and FOX Bet is hosting the inaugural Michigan Championship of Online Poker (MICOOP), which will be comprised of 60 tournaments ranging in buy-ins from $10-$500 and offer $1,000,000 in guaranteed prize pools.
What’s more, PokerNews will be offering live updates from eight of the premier events.
Things will kick off Saturday with the $100 buy-in, $30K GTD Event #1: Kick Off NLH, which will be reported here on PokerNews. The festival will conclude with a $300 buy-in, $125K GTD Main Event on March 7-8, which will also be reported.
Here’s a look at the events PokerNews will live report over the next two weeks.
- Event #1: $100 NLHE [MICOOP Kick Off, Nightly Stars SE], $30K Gtd (February 20, 2021)
- Event #14: $200 NLHE [Super Tuesday SE], $30K Gtd (February 23, 2021)
- Event #18: $500 NLHE [6-Max, High Roller], $35K Gtd (February 24, 2021)
- Event #31: $250 NLHE [Sunday Special SE], $50K Gtd (February 28, 2021)
- Event #38: $250 NLHE [Super Tuesday SE], $35K Gtd (March 02, 2021)
- Event #41: $250 PLO [6-Max, High Roller], $12.5K Gtd (March 03, 2021)
- Event #44: $250 NLHE [Progressive KO, Thursday Thrill SE], $35K Gtd (March 04, 2021)
- Event #55: $300 NLHE [Main Event], $125K Gtd (March 07-08, 2021)
“Coming off the launch of our real-money gaming brands in Michigan, it is clear that players want the world-class offerings that only PokerStars can bring,” said FOX Bet CEO Kip Levin. “As the sole online and mobile poker product in Michigan, our commitment and investment in PokerStars is vital as we aim to bring all aspects of a great customer experience to the poker community. We are excited for Michiganders to join our most popular series and crown our first big winner who will join in the prestigious footsteps of other Championship Of Online Poker (COOP) champions.”
Satellites for the MICOOP are running now for as little as $2. Additionally, players can win their way via freeroll routes.
- Main Event Depositor Freeroll: Deposit $30+ with code 'MICOOP' and get a ticket to a MICOOP Depositor Freeroll on March 7, where 35 Main Event seats will be up for grabs.
- Second Chance Freerolls: Play a MICOOP event and fail to make the cash, and receive a ticket to a second chance freeroll, running daily.
To enjoy MICOOP, players need to register for PokerStars HERE.