Rudolph and O'Dwyer Seal Sunday Victories at GGPoker
Table Of Contents
Christian Rudolph and Steve O'Dwyer have racked up some incredible poker tournament results over the years. They have an almost unnatural ability to go deep in the toughest events and then get the job done at the business end of the tournament. Both Rudolph and O'Dwyer snagged themselves another major title this weekend, both doing so at GGPoker.
Rudolph's victory came in the WSOPC Series: $525 Sunday 250, a tournament that saw 567 players buy in. The top 80 finishers shared a slice of the $283,500 prize pool, a min-cash being worth $939. That prize increased to $4,982 by the time the nine-handed final table was reached.
Vietnam's "PieOMY" was the player who got their hands on that particular prize because they were the first out of the door. "Babi-Pangang" and Jon "Notsure1f" De Antonana followed suit, the latter scooping $8,860 for his seventh-place finish, the final prize not weighing in at five-figures.
Sixth place and $11,815 went to Russian grinder Maxim Mamonov before "ElGuaopTime" and Pavlo Veksler fell by the wayside in fifth and fourth place; the latter banked $21,010.
Heads-up was set when Neel "Neel" Joshi crashed out in third for $28,018. Joshi's elimination left Rudolph and Manfred "MissGranger" Hermann heads-up for the title. Just as he so often does in this situation, Rudolph defeated his final opponent and locked in the first place prize. That prize was worth $49,825 this week, while the runner-up netted $37,363.
WSOPC Series: $525 Sunday 250 Final Table Results
|2||Manfred "MissGranger" Hermann||Austria||$37,363|
|3||Neel "Neel" Joshi||India||$28,018|
|7||Jon "Notsure1f" De Antonana||Estonia||$8,860|
Niklas Astedt Clinches Second GGPoker Super MILLION$ Title
O'Dwyer Wins the $1,050 Sunday Heater PKO
Steve O'Dwyer won a WPT Online Series event at partypoker last week and now has a WSOPC High Roller title to his name. O'Dwyer topped a 193-strong field in the WSOPC High Rollers: $1,050 Sunday Heater to secure a total prize worth $35,023.
The final table was a star-studded affair. It was still full of sharks even with the early eliminations of Pulkit Goyal, Gytis Lazauninkas, "meow41", and Andreas "Duckzzz" Nasman.
Lucas Greenwood ran out of steam in fifth place, which saw $13,097 hit his GGPoker account. Then came the exit of Sergio Aido in fourth, a finish worth $13,791. Turkey's Enrico Camosci crashed and burned in third for $14,170, leaving "Danaikak!" with the dreaded task of trying to defeat O'Dwyer heads-up.
Unfortunately for the Slovenian grinder, beating O'Dwyer did not happen. They did bank $21,550 with bounties included, athough they would have much rather reeled in the $35,023 that O'Dwyer won.
WSOPC High Roller: $1,050 Sunday Heater Final Table Results
|6||Andreas "Duckzzz" Nasman||Finland||$5,121||$4,750||$9,871|
"RyutaroTY" Wins the PLOSSUS Ring
Other GGPoker Victories Worth $30,000 or More
There were so many impressive victories at GGPoker this weekend that we had to limit this list to those souls who walked away with more than $30,000!
Three stars won six-figure prizes on May 23. Jeffrey "jumping gn" Reardon netted $141,384 after winning the $1,050 GGMasters High Roller. "RyuatroYT" scooped $140,050 and a WSOPC ring after triumphing in the $400 PLOSSUS, while "imS0Lucky" walked away with a $114,081 score after finishing in first in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event.
- Jeffrey "jumping gn" Reardon - first-place in the GGMasters High Roller $1,050 for $141,384
- RyuatroYT - first-place in the $400 PLOSSUS for $140,050
- imS0Lucky - first-place in the WSOPC Series: $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $114,081*
- judd trump - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $52,50 Bounty Hunters SHR for $98,615*
- Blake "Beast2018!" Bohn - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $5,250 Sunday 250 for $96,801
- Siarhei "PALblCH" Chudapal - first-place in the GGMasters $150 for $57,481
- David Coleman - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $3,150 Blade Bounty King for $55,109*
- Ljoseph62 - first-place in the WSOPC Series: $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $42,138*
- GangstaZab - first-place in the WSOPC Series: $315 Sunday Bounty King for $40,199*
- Aleks "JustaMortal" Dimitrov - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $820 Sunday Bounty Warmup for $38,281*
- Bruno Volkmann - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $2,626 Blade Mulligan for $37,078
- Joakim Andersson - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $2,625 Blade Opener for $36,321
- Rodrigo Selouan - first-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $1,050 Sunday Kick-Off for $36,007
- Timothy Ulmer - first-place in the WSOPC Series: $525 Sunday Saver for $31,290