Day 1b Completed
Day 1b Completed
Flight B in Day 1b of Event 11: $3,300 Main Event is in the books drawing a large field of 180 entrants. When the dust settled after over 13 hours of play, 50 players remained with chips.
Jordan Fisch and Rich Weinhold ended the day as joint chip leaders as they both coincidentally finished with exactly 398,000. Weinhold was spotted late in the day with a big stack. He gained a good amount of chips when his opponent called his river raise after he had rivered kings full. Fisch’s rise in chips was spotted even later as it was almost at the end of the final level when his large stack became apparent.
Rounding out the top five stacks, all clustered close together in chips, to end the day were Phil Vera (360,000), who took a significant amount from Stephen Song late in the day, Laura Moore (360,000) who is continuing her hot week and who won a number of big hands in the last few levels and Jeff Esterling (354,500).
A few more notable players to survive the Flight include; Christian Harder with 278,500, Nicholas Pham who finished with 233,000, and Adam Hendrix who tallied 199,500 chips.
Despite the large number of entries, Flight B was a slightly more tepid affair than Flight A as many chip stacks remained static, a fewer % of the players were eliminated and many stacks in the final couple of levels were very close, with nobody really pulling away with a lead.
The 50 who survived the day will join the 27 survivors from Flight A as well as the small few who will make it through Flight C, which will wrap up tomorrow. All will converge to compete in an exciting Day 2, which will begin at 3 p.m. local time.
PokerNews will pick up coverage at the end of Flight C tomorrow and cover Day 2 wire to wire.
The tournament clock shows that Flight C has 50 entries so far with registration nearly over with only a few minutes remaining in level 8. The small number of players will play one more play level before finishing for tonight and returning for levels 10-13 tomorrow at 11 a.m.
Pokernews coverage will resume toward the end of Flight C tomorrow for chip counts at the end of the flight before Day 2 kicks off in full at 3 p.m.
The floor has announced three more hands before the night of play is complete.
Full chip counts will be posted momentarily once play is complete and the counts are complied.
If you're enjoying PokerNews live updates from this event, be sure to check out our sister site Oddschecker US, an all-inclusive sports betting portal offering odds, tips and offers from sports including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer.
- Football: We've got all the best prices to take you from preseason to the Super Bowl. We've also got great picks and detailed analysis.
- Basketball: NBA or college, whatever you like to bet we've got up-to-date lines, futures and a host of great picks.
- Baseball: Nothing tells you that summer is near like baseball season beginning to hear up. America's pastime really is one of the best ways to enjoy the season.
- Hockey: We've got the latest picks and the very best odds on the market.
- Soccer: Oddschecker was founded in the UK so football, sorry, soccer, is in our blood. We've got you covered for the best action in the Premier League, La Liga, Champions League and our very own MLS.
Who we are
Launched in the UK in 1999, Oddschecker is now the leading odds comparison site, and a betting destination enjoyed by millions of users around the world. As a trusted betting affiliate we only partner with the best and most trusted brands in the industry and support real-time price updates, offers and promotions. We give you, the user, the power and control to find the best bet for you. And, don’t forget, our site is 100% free to use. We don’t take a cent from you. We simply ensure you get the opportunity to place the right bet at the best value.
What we offer
- Sports Betting Odds: Real-time prices from all the top bookmakers. If a sportsbook has odds on an event, you’re likely to find them here. We've got every sport under the sun covered!
- Betting Offers: All the best promotions, including great sign-up offers for new customers, and exciting promotions open to all punters.
- Betting Tips: We help you pick winners by providing expert picks and previews from those in the know. Make sure you're always on the front foot with your betting and take advantage of our insights and stats.
Phil Vera relayed action that had happened after he took a bunch of chips from Stephen Song.
As he told it, he did it with pocket aces against Song's ace-king and Song was eliminated shortly afterward as he was seen missing from the table.
In a preflop all in Yaser Al-Keliddar held pocket tens against of Mehmet Burakgazi.
The board would stay safe for the tens even though a Broadway draw was picked up for the ace-jack on the flop.
The rate of eliminations has slowed down in the last couple of levels.
Approximately 33% of the starting field remains with under a level to play.
By comparison, only 23% of the Flight A starting field survived until the end of the day.