Twitter has taken a bit of a hit in the business world lately, but it reigns supreme in the poker world. #PokerTwitter is responsible for the Cate Hall and Mike Dentale grudge match, the gender reveal of Jason and Natasha Mercier's baby, the latest chip count of your favorite pros, and a hell of a lot more — especially during the World Series of Poker.
Paying homage to the number of bracelet events in the 2017 WSOP, we gathered 74 of the most prolific tweeters in poker to help you feel like you are in the middle of the action. If you want to follow them all, we made it easy for you. Just head over to Twitter and subscribe to the WSOP Must-Follow List.
- Doyle Brunson (@TexDolly): This 10-time WSOP bracelet winner is choosing few tournaments and more high-stakes games. In case you were wondering, he's not dead yet.
- Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker): Soul-reader turned daily vlogger. Poker's Mr. Congeniality.
- Phil Hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth): Poker Brat who burns gold shoes.
- Phil Laak (@PhilLaak): Chameleon. Who will he show up as this year?
- Antonio Esfandiari (@MagicAntonio): Burning Man regular with his share of run good.
- Jason Mercier (@JasonMercier): Bracelet hunter, newlywed, dad-to-be, and companion to Marshmellow.
- Chris Moneymaker (@CMONEYMAKER): If you took up poker after 2003, you can thank (or blame) him.
- Matt Glantz (@MattGlantz): "Common sense will always reign supreme." One can hope.
- Ryan Riess (@RyanRiess1): 2013 World Champion. Watch out; he's hungry.
- Maria Ho (@MariaHo): Amazing Racer, globetrotter and one of the most recognizable faces in poker.
- Dominik Nitsche (@DominikNitsche ): High-roller home gamer and the youngest player to win three WSOP bracelets.
- Andrew Neeme (@andrewneeme): He Vlogs and if you're not watching, you're missing out.
- Matt Savage (@SavagePoker): He knows a thing or two about tournaments. If you have a question, he has the answer.
- Bertand "ElkY" Grospeller (@elkypoker): Poker, HearthStone and fast talker.
- Doug Polk (@DougPolkPoker): He's giving away 2% of his World Series of Poker. That alone is worth following him.
- Joey Ingram (@Joeingram1): Chasing the Poker Dream.
Nice Guys (and Girl)
- Joe Cada @cada99: 2009 World Champion and DaveNBuster's Super Shot Pro.
- Ari Engel (@AriBodog): He's on a serious heater coming into the WSOP. He's one to watch.
- Chris Moorman (@Moorman1): 888Poker Ambassador who just added the title of author to the resume.
- Dan O'Brien (@DanOBrienPoker): Aspiring professional snowboarder.
- Igor Kurganov (@kurganovigor): Bracelet winner and REG Charity co-founder.
- Erik Seidel (@Erik_Seidel): He was in this little movie called Rounders.
- Jason Somerville @JasonSomerville: Twitcher who runs it up.
- Brian Rast (@tsarrast): He might be willing to go on a bike ride.
- Kristen Bicknell (@krissyb24poker): Two-time bracelet winner
- Connor Drinan (@ConnorDrinan): "I play professional poker for the Utah Jazz."
- Jason Koon (@JasonKoon): Health, fitness and life wellness guru. Poker crusher.
- Noah Schwartz (@noahjschwartz):Its Schwartzieee Baby.
- Isaac Haxton (@ikepoker): Everything he owns is in a storage unit in Vegas - or so he says.
- Scott Clements (@BigRiskky): Omaha expert and Spartan racer.
- Matthew Waxman (@Matthew_Waxman): Poker player and entrepeneur
- Scott Seiver (@scott_seiver): Always ready to have some fun.
- Dani Stern (@TheRealAnsky): Speaks what's on his mind. And he cooks, too.
- Brandon Cantu (@brandoncantu): Phil Hellmuth's BFF.
- Justin Bonomo (@JustinBonomo): "Enough snowflakes can cause an avalanche."
- Mike Matusow (@themouthmatusow): With the nickname "The Mouth," there's bound to be some Twitter gold.
- Mike Dentale (@Mikunbelievable): "Most days I'm Bruce Banner and some days I turn into the Hulk."
- Allen Kessler (@AllenKessler): Challenging structures and collecting vouchers.
- Daniel Cates (@junglemandan): "One of the most successful online poker players in history." He's not kidding.
- Griffin Benger (@GriffinBenger): November Niner. Counter-Strike legend. Privileged.
Good for More Than Just Poker
- Jennifer Tilly (@JenniferTilly): Poker star - literally.
- James Woods (@RealJamesWoods): Family and country above all else...
- Vanessa Selbst (@VanessaSelbst): She's resisting.
- Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob): Follow him if you bet on anything.
- Liv Boeree (@Liv_Boeree): Physics nut. Aspiring rationalist. Mountain goat.
- Cate Hall (@catehall): According to Cate, she's born lucky. Mike Dentale would agree.
- Fedor Holz (@CrownUpGuy): "Since "retirement" Holz is living the dream as CEO of Primed.
- Danielle Andersen (@dmoongirl ): Bet, Raise, Fold and CrossFit.
- Jordan Young (@Jymaster11): WSOP behavior tips and much more.
- Greg Mueller (@GregFBT): Former professional hockey player who started collecting bracelets.
- Sam Abernathy (@SamAbernathyy): Is there anything this girl can't do?
- Mike McDonald (@MikeMcDonald89): He's really good at staring.
- Barny Boatman (@barnyboatman): His account is hysterical.
- Daniel Shak (@daniel_shak): Sticks to high rollers because he has a day job. He's good at both.
- Gus Hansen (@GusHansen ):The big question of the summer is if he'll leave Bobby's Room.
- Dan Smith (@DanSmithHolla): Poker, dfs, cowboy stuff, and charity work
Good for a Laugh
- WSOP Hot Dogs (@wsopHotDogCart ): "Fan account for the mobile WSOP Hot Dog Cart. We are the wiener you want! Our wieners are real. And they are spectacular."
- Kitty Kuo (@kittykuopoker): Kuo pretty much says what's on her mind. In other words, she makes Twitter fun.
- William Kassouf (@WilliamKassouf): "9-high like a boss."
- Jamie Kerstetter (@JamieKerstetter): "Poker player, animal lover and former attorney."
- Matt Salsberg (@msalsberg): Hollywood producer, writer, and poker lover with a wicked sense of humor.
- Patrick Leonard (@plenopads): An investor and startup specialist who happens to be good at poker.
- Alex Rocha (@THE_ALEX_ROCHA): Favorites from his profile: "vagabond, hippie, narcissist and politician."
- Joseph Cheong (@subiime): Poker with a wry sense of humor.
- PokerNews (@PokerNews): We're everywhere.
- Kevin Mathers (@Kevmath): The friendliest czar in poker.
- Sarah Herring (@AuntyChardonnay) If you don't know who Sarah is and you aren't following her, you're missing out. Oh, and where've you been?
- Frank Op de Woerd (@webjoker): He's running the PokerNews Live Reporting Team. He's a good person to know.
- Short-Stacked Shamus (@hardboiledpoker): PokerNews strategy editor and "your average jingle-brained sap."
- Kara Scott (@KaraOTR): 888Poker Ambassador and ESPN Sideline Reporter. She has serious Twitter game.
- Norman Chad (@NormanChad): "American poker talker/bowler/Couch Slouch/husband."
- David Tuchman (@TuckonSports): "Listen more. Talk less. Ironic coming from me huh?"
- Tatjana Pasalic (@Tattytats): "Sideline reporter, nemophilist, cycling enthusiast, and seasonal leaf peeper."
Did we miss any? Be sure to list your favorites below!
Be sure to complete your PokerNews experience by checking out an overview of our mobile and tablet apps here. Stay on top of the poker world from your phone with our mobile iOS and Android app, or fire up our iPad app on your tablet. You can also update your own chip counts from poker tournaments around the world with MyStack on both Android and iOS.