Michael McCauley Wins Event #86: $1,000 Super Turbo No-Limit Hold'em ($161,384)
Michael McCauley was crowned the champion of Event #86: $1,000 Super Turbo No-Limit Hold'em at the 2021 World Series of Poker (WSOP) to win his first WSOP bracelet. The American defeated a 1,025-player field and beat British poker-pro Andy Wilson in heads-up play to win the $161,384 top prize.
McCauley had never cashed in a WSOP event before and only cashed in one daily deep stack earlier this year prior to this tournament. This was the only event McCauley played, besides the daily deep stack, and said "he was thinking about going to go play $2/$5 no limit cash game" but decided to jump into this tournament instead.
"This is my first WSOP so it's pretty amazing to come out here and win a bracelet. I was nervous but after I won a couple of pots I settled down and trusted my reads. I tried not to pay attention to the field, trusted my game and I believe I can play with the best of them."
Event #86: $1,000 Super Turbo No-Limit Hold'em Final Table Results
A lot of familiar faces gave it a shot in this event, but fell short of the money places including 16-time WSOP champion Phil Hellmuth, five-time WSOP bracelet winner Shaun Deeb, Jason Wheeler, and Michael Wang.
Plenty of others did make the money though, as there were a total of 154 players that ended up winning a piece of the $912,250 prize pool. Some of those fortunate players included Ryan Riess (152th - $1,606), Aladin Reskallah (149th - $1,606), Landon Tice (130th - $1,606), and Michael Lech (124th - $1,757).
Final Table Action
The final table was action-packed in the super turbo event. The first final table casualty was the Player of the Year leader Josh Arieh, who shove all-in with king-high and ran into pocket fives in which Arieh never improved to be eliminated in 10th place.
Next to hit the rail was Dara O’Kearney who shoved all-in with queen-jack off suit and was called by Andy Wilson with ace-high and O’Kearney never improved on the board being eliminated in ninth place.
Marc Lomeo was next to go when his pocket fives lost the race against the ace-king of Luigi Curcio when Curcio hit a king on the flop and eliminated the short-stacked Lomeo to finish in eigth place.
Both Filippo Ragone and Luigi Curcio were eliminated in seventh and sixth place in a three-way all-in when McCauley hit a bicycle straight on the river to eliminate both players from the field.
Next to go was Rajvir Dua in fifth when his ace-queen was cracked by the king-high of Wilson when Wilson hit a king on the turn.
Eliminated in fourth place was Yuval Bronshtein who shoved with king-eight suited and was snap-called by McCauley with ace-queen.
In Level 34, Neel Joshi went all-in with king-two offsuit and was called by McCauley with pocket sixes. Joshi never improved on the board and fell in third place.
The runner-up Wilson was eliminated when he jammed all-in for his remaining 7.7 million chips after McCauley raised to 1.2 million and Wilson's seven-six suited didn't improve against McCauley's king-jack.
Congratulations to Michael McCauley for winning Event #86: $1,000 Super Turbo No-Limit Hold'em.
In this Series
- 1 Caesars Palace Dealer Jimmy Barnett Crowned Casino Employees Champion
- 2 Jesse Klein Tilts Hellmuth on Way to 2021 WSOP $25K H.O.R.S.E. Win for $552,182
- 3 Jeremy Ausmus Wins First Gold Bracelet of the 2021 World Series of Poker
- 4 Long Ma Tops Near 13,000-Player Field to Win The Reunion and First WSOP Bracelet
- 5 Connor Drinan Wins Second Bracelet in Event #5: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better
- 6 Tyler Cornell Gets Signature Victory in 2021 WSOP Event #6: $25,000 High Roller ($833,289)
- 7 Jaswinder "Jesse" Lally Wins 2021 WSOP Event #7: $1,500 Dealers Choice 6-Handed ($97,915)
- 8 Aces in the Final Hand as Zhi Wu Wins Event #8: $600 Deepstack ($281,604)
- 9 Ari Engel Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in $10,000 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 Championship; Hellmuth Fifth
- 10 Michael Perrone Wins 2021 WSOP Event #10: $1,000 Super Turbo Bounty No-Limit Hold’em ($152,173)
- 11 Jason Koon Wins Maiden WSOP Bracelet in Event #11: $25K Heads-Up Championship ($243,981)
- 12 Yuval Bronshtein Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in Event #12: $1,500 Limit Hold'em
- 13 Harvey Mathews Wins Event #13: $3,000 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em ($371,914)
- 14 Lebron Captures Gold; Wins 2021 WSOP Event #14: $1,500 7-Card Stud
- 15 Bradley Jansen Wins First WSOP Gold Bracelet in Event #15: $1,500 6-Handed No-Limit Hold'em ($313,403)
- 16 John Monnette Wins Fourth WSOP Bracelet in Event #16: $10,000 Limit Hold'em Championship ($245,680)
- 17 Vladimir Peck Wins 2021 WSOP Event #18: $2,500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball ($134,390)
- 18 DJ Alexander Captures 1st WSOP Bracelet in Event #20: GGPoker Flip & Go ($180,665)
- 19 Phil Hellmuth Denied 16th Bracelet as Anthony Zinno Wins His 3rd in the $10K Stud Championship
- 20 Dylan Linde Wins His First WSOP Bracelet in Event #21: $1,500 Mixed Omaha Hi-Lo ($170,269)
- 21 Michael Prendergast Wins Maiden Bracelet in Event #24: $600 Pot-Limit Omaha Deepstack ($127,428)
- 22 Ryan Leng Wins Event #23: $1,500 Eight Game Mix 6-Handed for $137,969
- 23 Daniel Lazrus Wins 2021 WSOP Millionaire Maker for 2nd Bracelet ($1,000,000)
- 24 Lara Eisenberg wins 2021 World Series of Poker Ladies NLHE Championship
- 25 Czech Pro Dalibor Dula Becomes First European Bracelet Winner at the 2021 WSOP
- 26 Anthony Zinno Wins Fourth Gold Bracelet in Event #27 $1,500 H.O.R.S.E.
- 27 Scott Ball Celebrates First WSOP Bracelet in Event #25: $5,000 6-Handed No-Limit Hold'em
- 28 Dylan Weisman Wins WSOP Event #28: $1,000 Pot-Limit Omaha for First Bracelet ($166,461)
- 29 Chance Kornuth Wins Third WSOP Bracelet in Event #29: $10,000 Short Deck ($194,670)
- 30 Phil Hellmuth Wins Record 16th World Series of Poker (WSOP) Gold Bracelet
- 31 Jim Collopy Wins 2021 WSOP Event #32: $3,000 H.O.R.S.E. for Second Gold Bracelet ($172,823)
- 32 Michael Noori Captures First WSOP Bracelet and $610,437 in the Monster Stack
- 33 Ran Koller Wins WSOP Event #33: $800 Eight-Handed No Limit Hold'em Deep Stack ($269,478)
- 34 David "Bakes" Baker Wins Third WSOP Title in Event #34: $1,500 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw
- 35 Anthony Koutsos Wins First WSOP Bracelet In Event #35: $500 Freezeout No-Limit Hold’em ($167,272)
- 36 Adam Friedman Defeats Phil Hellmuth to Win WSOP $10k Dealer's Choice for Third Straight Year
- 37 Karolis Sereika Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #37: $1,500 Super Turbo ($195,310)
- 38 Michael Addamo Wins Third WSOP Gold Bracelet in Event #38: $50K High Roller ($1,132,968)
- 39 Josh Arieh Wins Third Bracelet in Event #39: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha ($204,766)
- 40 Kevin Gerhart Wins Third Career Bracelet in Event #40: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship
- 41 Bradley Ruben Dazzles in the $1,500 Razz; Wins Third WSOP Bracelet
- 42 "Hobby Player" Carlos Chang Wins First Bracelet in $2,500 NLHE Freezeout
- 43 Ryan Hansen Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #44: $3,000 6-Handed Limit Hold'em ($109,692)
- 44 Chad Norton Wins A Bracelet in His First-Ever WSOP Event!
- 45 Kazuki 'hyahhoo3' Ikeuchi Wins WSOP Online Event #5: $1,000 NLH ($152,797)
- 46 France's Alexandre Reard Wins 2021 WSOP Event #47: $5,000 Freezeout NLH ($428,694)
- 47 Tommy Le Wins WSOP $10,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Championship For Second Time
- 48 Brian Rast Wins Fifth Bracelet; Sets Sights on Poker Hall of Fame
- 49 Premonition Becomes Reality as Darrin Wright Wins First WSOP Bracelet
- 50 Dreams to Win a WSOP Bracelet Come True for Anthony Denove in the $1K Double Stack
- 51 Farzad Bonyadi Wins Fourth Bracelet in $10K 2-7 NL Single Draw, Ends Sixteen-Year Drought
- 52 Poker Philanthropist Gershon Distenfeld Wins WSOP Bracelet, Pledges All Winnings to Charity ($204K)
- 53 Nicholas Julia Wins Event #54: $2,500 Nine-Game Mix 6-Handed ($168,608)
- 54 Shaun Deeb Wins 5th Bracelet in WSOP Event #53: $25,000 PLO ($1,251,860)
- 55 Robert McMillan Wins 2021 WSOP Event #52: $1,000 Seniors Championship ($561,060)
- 56 Ben Yu Wins Fourth Bracelet in Event #56: $10,000 6-Handed NLH Championship ($721,453)
- 57 Anatolii Zyrin Defeats Massive Field in Colossus to Claim Second WSOP Bracelet ($314,705)
- 58 Brian Yoon Wins Fourth Bracelet in Event #57: $10,000 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw Championship ($839,350)
- 59 John 'Relevancy' Ripnick Wins WSOP Online Bracelet Event #6: $666 NLH ($114,898)
- 60 Team Ruter Crowned Event #59: $1,000 Tag Team Champions ($113,366)
- 61 Jean-Luc Adam Wins First Bracelet and $255,623 in Event #58: $1,000 Super Seniors No-Limit Hold'em
- 62 Kevin Gerhart Earns Fourth WSOP Bracelet in Event #62: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better ($186,789)
- 63 From Online Crusher to WSOP Gold: Eelis Parssinen Wins Event #64: $5,000 Mixed No-Limit Hold'em/Pot-Limit Omaha
- 64 Cole Ferraro Comes From Behind to Win WSOP Event #61: $600 Deepstack Championship ($252,491)
- 65 Eric Zhang Wins 2021 WSOP Event #63: $500 Salute to Warriors ($102,465)
- 66 Jermaine Reid Reschedules Flight Before Winning WSOP Event #69: $1,500 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or Better ($113,459)
- 67 Mourad Amokrane Dominates the Final Table On His Way to Winning Event #71: $1,500 Bounty Pot-Limit Omaha
- 68 Scott Ball Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in Event #68 $1,111 Little One for One Drop
- 69 Motoyoshi Okamura Wins Event #72: $1,500 Mixed No-Limit Hold’em/Pot-Limit Omaha for $209,716
- 70 David Moses Wins Maiden Bracelet in 2021 WSOP Event #70: $888 Crazy Eights ($888,888)
- 71 Romain Lewis Captures 1st Bracelet in 2021 WSOP Event #76: $10K Super Turbo Bounty
- 72 Brian Hastings Becomes 29th Player in WSOP History to Claim Five Gold Bracelets
- 73 Denis Strebkov Wins His Second WSOP Gold Bracelet in Event #74: $2,500 Big Bet Mix
- 74 Koray Aldemir Wins 2021 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event for $8,000,000
- 75 Chad Himmelspach Comes Back From a Single Blind to Win WSOP Event #75: $1,500 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em ($270,877)
- 76 Paulo Joanello Makes Dream Come True After Winning First WSOP Bracelet in Event #77 $1,500 Fifty Stack ($321,917)
- 77 Adrian Mateos Wins $250K Super High Roller for Fourth WSOP Gold Bracelet ($3,265,262)
- 78 Ausmus Denies Hellmuth and Negreanu; Wins Third WSOP Bracelet in $50K PLO High Roller ($1,188,918)
- 79 Mikita Badziakouski Claims First Gold Bracelet in Event #85: $50,000 High Roller ($1,462,043)
- 80 Leo Margets Wins First Bracelet and $376,850 in Event #83: $1,500 The Closer
- 81 Michael McCauley Wins Event #86: $1,000 Super Turbo No-Limit Hold'em ($161,384)
- 82 Daniel "SilasSilver" Turner Wins WSOP.com $1,000 Mini Main Event ($142,663)