10 Platinum Passes Up for Grabs in PokerStars Freerolls
Although the resurrected PokerStars Caribbean Adventure 2018 just ended, plenty of eyes are already fixed on the 2019 PCA, as hype continues to build toward the Players No-Limit Hold'em Championship.
PokerStars has already begun setting up the field for the $9 million-added event by handing out some $30,000 Platinum Passes that cover the $25,000 tournament buy-in as well as flights and accommodation.
Players looking to lock up their own tickets can do so through Stars Rewards, but they'll have to get lucky.
According to Poker Industry Pro, PokerStars will be giving away 10 Platinum Passes through Stars Rewards freerolls ($), one each over the next 10 months.
Each day leading up to the freeroll, PokerStars will give away two freeroll tickets via the Stars Rewards chests. Players have about a one in 130,000 chance of binking a ticket. The 60-odd players who score the tickets will compete in the freeroll for a Platinum Pass. The first freeroll is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 4, and they'll run each month through November.
Platinum Passes Update
Already, about a dozen players have locked up Platinum Passes for the 2019 PCA. Here's a look a non-exhaustive list of Platinum Pass winners and how they've won them:
- Maria Konnikova, PCA National Championship winner
- Zakharchenko Maksim, Winter Series All-In Shootout winner
- Philip Elliott, Winter Series High Main Event winner
- "The Haamer," Winter Series Medium Main Event winner
- "smir9david," Winter Series Low Main Event winner
- Andrea Benelli, last longer at Italian Poker Open winner
- Adrian Nica, Winter Series Micro Main Event winner
- Andrejz Tomasz Siemieniak, PokerStars Championship Prague bubble
- Mihai Manole, PokerStars Championship Prague bubble
- Thai Ha, PCA Day 2 random seat draw
- David Peters, PCA random drawing
- Steven Jost, PCA random drawing
- Maria Lampropulos, PCA Main Event winner
If you want to be in with a shot of winning a $30,000 Platinum Pass to compete in the $9 million-added PSPC you will need to enter some of PokerStars' major live events or play online at PokerStars in its key events and participate in its promotions.
Download PokerStars via PokerNews, enter the marketing code "PNEWS" when creating your account and use the bonus code "STARS600" when making your first deposit to be eligible for a 100 percent up to $600 first deposit bonus.
The Stars Group owns a majority shareholding in iBus Media.
Have you ever wanted to write your own articles about poker? Maybe you've got some experiences or opinions about poker that you'd like to share. PokerNews is proud to launch The PN Blog where you can have a platform to make your voice heard. Learn more here.