William "SlaweelRyam" Romaine Scores WSOP Gold in $2,500 Freezeout ($79,753)
Table Of Contents
It took just under eleven hours for William "SlaweelRyam" Romaine to overcome a 153-player field and claim his second World Series of Poker gold bracelet in Online Event #10: $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout. Romaine defeated Matthew "booyastink" Wantman heads-up and took home $79,753 for his efforts.
Romaine is a regular WSOP.com grinder and has already cashed in four events this series for just over $9,000. Today's victory marks a top-five biggest online score for Romaine, who will add to his $237,563 in previous tournament earnings.
Some notable players that participated but could not find the run good magic included Eric "powwow" Ethans, Jeff "NedrudRelyt" Madsen, and unfortunate bubble-boy Jared "jstrizza" Strauss. A few big names who made a deep run but could not find the final table included Ben "WhyIsGamora" Yu (30th - $4,055), 2012 Main Event Champion Greg "DustedYou" Merson (25th - $4,055), and Katie "katelin" Lindsay (14th - $4,161).
WSOP Online Bracelet Event #10 Final Table Results
|1||William "SlaweelRyam" Romaine||United States||$79,753|
|2||Matthew "booyastink" Wantman||United States||$56,916|
|3||Minh "Bow2Me" Nguyen||Australia||$40,659|
|4||Stanley "stanman420" Lee||United States||$29,240|
|5||Michael "BrockLesnar" Holtz||United States||$21,201|
|6||Jason "Jaybangs" Obinger||United States||$15,367|
|7||Jeremiah "freestylerr" Williams||United States||$11,205|
|8||Tony "Panoramic" Dunst||United States||$8,181|
Final Table Action
It took just over nine hours to get to an eight-handed final table and with the average stack being over 25 big blinds it started off fairly slow. The first elimination came roughly 45 minutes after the final table was set. Tony "Panoramic" Dunst moved all in from the small blind with queen-six and was called by Minh "Bow2Me" Nguyen with king-seven. Dunst couldn’t find any help and was eliminated in eighth place.
With the stacks becoming shorter, Jeremiah "freestylerr" Williams found himself with less than one big blind after losing with pocket aces against ace-queen and was forced all in with seven-four against the ten-nine of Nguyen and sent to the rail in seventh place.
One hand later, Jason "Jaybangs" Obinger picked up king-nine suited in the small blind and moved all in but was snap-called by the ace-king for Wantman and was sent to the exit in sixth place.
Michael "BrockLesnar" Holtz found himself in great shape preflop when he moved in with pocket eights against the red fours for Nguyen but when the board ran out four hearts it was the end of the road for Holtz who was eliminated in fifth place.
Shortly after a double-elimination happened when Stanley "stanman420" Lee was left with only two big blinds and picked up queen-ten to move all in. Romaine moved all in with queen-two, well covering the rest of the table, and Nguyen picked up a monster second in chips and called it off with ace-king. The board ran out with a two and both Lee and Nguyen were eliminated in fourth and third place.
Heads-up began with a staggering 20-1 chip lead for Romaine and would end after a couple hands. Romaine moved in with nine-seven and was called by Wantman with queen-six. The river brought a seven for Romaine and Wantman would have to settle for a runner-up finish. Romaine took down the event and locked up his second WSOP bracelet.
That's a wrap for Event #10: $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout. Be sure to stick with PokerNews as we continue to bring you full coverage of this series on WSOP.com!
In this Series
- 1 Ori "try2trick" Hasson Wins WSOP Gold in Event #1: $400 NLH Kick-Off ($58,491)
- 2 "Rvrruner" Takes Down WSOP.com Bracelet Event #2: $500 Monster Stack ($64,590)
- 3 Drew "dudeguydrew" O'Connell Claims Victory In WSOP.com Event #3: $3,200 High Roller ($96,087)
- 4 Vito "thesuitbig29" Distefano Wins WSOP.com Event #6: $800 NLH Ultra Deepstack ($57,355)
- 5 Jordyn "ThLstCrdBndr" Miller Continues Strong WSOP Online Series w/ First Bracelet Win
- 6 Holtz, Gagliano & Stuewe Among Recent 2022 WSOP.com Bracelet Winners
- 7 "bckdrboogie" Scores WSOP Gold In Event #13: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em ($69,740)
- 8 Jesse "Patient0" Yaginuma Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #12: $400 Ultra Deepstack ($47,520)
- 9 Tanner "bamatide88" Bibat Takes Down Event #11: $400 PLO 6-Max ($29,459)
- 10 William "SlaweelRyam" Romaine Scores WSOP Gold in $2,500 Freezeout ($79,753)
- 11 Timothy "LosingEquity" Faro Wins $600 NLH Deepstack Championship on WSOP.com ($50,864)
- 12 Jesse "Dangerous22" Lonis Wins First Gold Bracelet In Event #8: $1,000 NLH 6-Max ($73,370)
- 13 Jeremy "Chipchecka" Ausmus Bests Schulman for Fifth Bracelet in Event #7: $365 NLH ($51,807)