Top Pair Podcast 304: For a Successful Home Game, Just Stay Calm!
In episode 304 of the Top Pair Home Game Poker Podcast, Bruce Briggs and Robbie Strazynski review a home game situation that gets WAY out of hand and give you tips to avoid and diffuse tense incidents.
Bruce is boasting a 20% home game ROI as of late and had a special visitor from the Caribbean attend his latest session. Robbie reports back from his Jury Duty at the American Poker Awards, has a funny Daniel Negreanu story to share, and enjoyed twenty hours of good old LA metropolitan poker.
In closing, Bruce relates another infamous “Gutterball-ism” that you won’t soon forget.
Show Time Stamps
|1:09–31:08||How Ya Runnin?|
|Robbie: Attended the American Poker Awards in Los Angeles and had “Jury Duty,” one of nine people tasked with selecting the winners. Played 20 hours of poker in four of the big LA card rooms, ended up a winner!|
|14:05||Rubbing shoulders with poker celebs and a cute Daniel Negreanu story: “Mazel tov!”|
|Bruce: Still enjoying 20% ROI in home games! How to convert Holde’m players to non-Hold’em games; it’s kind of like a lobster…|
|26:25||Salt Lake City home game has an annual visitor from the Caribbean.|
|32:27–53:26||Cards in the Air!|
|A home game incident gets so out-of-hand that the husband and wife co-hosts suspend the game entirely after running it for over six years!|
|Some important tips for how to avoid and diffuse dicey situations, calm tensions, and maintain a happy atmosphere at the home game tables. Above all: remember that when you’re hosting or attending, you’re there to HAVE FUN!|
|53:27||What the @$%& Did Gutterball Say This Time?!|
|What’s Gutterball’s favorite part of a home game? Well, it sure isn’t “the winning”…|
* First 296 episodes are archived and available at www.toppair.net
Be sure to complete your PokerNews experience by checking out an overview of our mobile and tablet apps here. Stay on top of the poker world from your phone with our mobile iOS and Android app, or fire up our iPad app on your tablet. You can also update your own chip counts from poker tournaments around the world with MyStack on both Android and iOS.
In this Series
- 1 Top Pair Podcast 297: Welcome to PokerNews; Sarah Herring Interview
- 2 Top Pair Podcast 298: Mixed Games - The Rules of... "Scrotum"
- 3 Top Pair Podcast 299: Interview with Bernard Lee
- 4 Top Pair Podcast 300: Sean Chaffin Talks 'True Gambling Stories'
- 5 Top Pair Podcast 301: When a Poker Noob Wins a Bad Beat Jackpot
- 6 Top Pair Podcast 302: Interview with Chris Moneymaker
- 7 Top Pair Podcast 303: Interview w/ New Home Game Player Shannon Mack
- 8 Top Pair Podcast 304: For a Successful Home Game, Just Stay Calm!
- 9 Top Pair Podcast 305: Interview with John Hesp
- 10 Top Pair Podcast 306: Who's At Your Ultimate Fantasy Home Poker Game?
- 11 Top Pair Podcast 307: Interview with Scott Blumstein
- 12 Top Pair Podcast 308: The Ultimate Ladies Home Poker Game
- 13 Top Pair Podcast 309: Home Game Dealing, Shuffling, and Tipping
- 14 Top Pair Podcast 310: Interview With Lupe Soto
- 15 Top Pair Podcast 311: WPT TOC, SHRB, Short Deck, and Bad Beats Aplenty
- 16 Top Pair Podcast 312: Interview with Aria Poker Room's Mike Williams
- 17 Top Pair Podcast 313: Behind the Scenes at the 2018 WSOP Main Event