2022 WSOP Day 2: First Bracelet Awarded; Ivey Records a Cash
Table Of Contents
- Kornuth Claims $100K High Roller Bounty Chip Lead
- Event #2: $100,000 High Roller Bounty Chip Counts
- Shorr Bags Big in the $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout
- Event #3: $2,500 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em Top 10 Chip Counts
- Eichhorn Tops $1,500 Dealer's Choice Day 1 Chip Counts
- Event #4: $1,500 Dealer's Choice Top 10 Chip Counts
Day 2 of the 2022 World Series of Poker (WSOP) at Bally's and Paris Las Vegas gave us a taste of things to come with first bracelet being awarded in the early hours of June 2. Katie Kopp emerged victoriously from Event #1: $500 Casino Employees No-Limit Hold'em and walked away with $65,168 and the first-ever WSOP bracelet awarded at Bally's and Paris Las Vegas.
Kopp finished third in the same event in 2018 and was determined to go two places deeper this year. Kopp's first bullet did not go to plan, but she made the most of the re-entry format, reloaded, and supported by a raucous rail, got the job done. You can read all about Kopp's incredible victory right here.
The second day of the 2022 WSOP saw a living legend lock in his first cash of the series, a certain Phil Ivey. The ten-time bracelet winner sat out the entire 2021 WSOP last fall but jumped straight into Event #2: $100,000 High Roller Bounty, eventually falling in seventh place for $133,127.
Here's what went down on Day 2 of the 2022 WSOP.
Kornuth Claims $100K High Roller Bounty Chip Lead
Chance Kornuth continued his hot run of form - he won WPT Choctaw last week – by claiming the chip lead in Event #2: $100,000 High Roller Bounty. Sixteen players returned to their seats but only five had chips in front of them when the curtain came down on the day's proceedings.
The bubble burst when Phil Ivey's pocket eights came from behind to crack Nick Petrangelo's kings, not with a set but with an unlikely straight. Ivey did not put Petrangelo's stack to much use because he was the next player out of the door, collecting $133,127 for his seventh-place finish.
Day 2 ended when Matthew Steinberg fell by the wayside in sixth, ultimately busting to the now chip leader Kornuth.
Kornuth is in command going into Day 3 on June 2 but with the likes of David Peters, Ali Imsirovic, Dario Sammartino, and reigning WSOP Main Event champion Koray Aldemir still in the mix, a Kornuth victory is far from guaranteed.
Event #2: $100,000 High Roller Bounty Chip Counts
|Rank||Player||Chip Count||Big Blinds|
Find out if Kornuth wins the $100K High Roller Bounty Event
Shorr Bags Big in the $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout
The third event on the 2022 WSOP schedule is the $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout tournament. It drew in a crowd of 752 players but only 113 of those starters progressed to Day 2.
Jesse Kertland is the man who finished the night with the biggest stack, one containing 941,000 chips. Kertland came close to winning a bracelet in 2018 and again in 2019 both his deep runs in the $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em Shootout and the $500 Casino Employees events ended in fifth and fourth place finishes respectively.
Shannon Shorr finished Day 1 with 670,000 chips, enough for fifth place in the overnight chip counts. Shorr has 147 WSOP cashes without a bracelet victory. Could this be the event that changes al that? Players such as David Benyamine (520,000), Dylan Linde (495,000), Adrian Mateos (423,000), and Scott Seiver (340,000) are just a handful of star standing between Shannon and that elusive gold bracelet.
Event #3: $2,500 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em Top 10 Chip Counts
|1||Jesse Kertland||United States||941,000|
|2||Michael Moncek||United States||873,000|
|3||Casey Hatmaker||United States||849,000|
|4||Jan Bednar||Czech Republic||829,000|
|5||Shannon Shorr||United States||670,000|
|6||Andrew Kelsall||United States||604,000|
|8||Chris Hunichen||United States||543,000|
|10||Dylan Linde||United States||495,000|
Will Shannon Shorr win his first WSOP bracelet?
Eichhorn Tops $1,500 Dealer's Choice Day 1 Chip Counts
The Dealer's Choice events at the WSOP always attract stellar names to the tables and this year's Event #4: $1,500 Dealer's Choice is no different. Dozens of household names were among the 430 players who bought in on Day 1, and there were plenty left when the 15th level concluded and only 123 players bagged up chips.
Dennis Eichhorn is the chip leader going into Day 2 courtesy of his 276,000 stack. However, the chasing pack is crammed full of elite mixed games specialists. These include John Monnette (213,500), Ben Yu (192,000), Marco Johnson (183,500), Brian Rast (169,500), defending champion Jaswinder Lally, and dealer's choice guru Adam Friedman (142,000).
It is highly likely one of the those players mentioned above will claim the $126,288 top prize, although the other surviving players are certainly not only their to make up the numbers. Make sure you do not miss out on our exclusive coverage of Day 2 on June 2.
Event #4: $1,500 Dealer's Choice Top 10 Chip Counts
|1||Dennis Eichhorn||United States||276,000|
|2||Mitul Sheera||United States||245,500|
|3||Brett Richey||United States||220,500|
|4||John Monnette||United States||213,500|
|5||Ben Yu||United States||192,000|
|6||Qinghai Pan||United States||185,500|
|7||Marco Johnson||United States||183,500|
|8||Scott Bohlman||United States||179,000|
|9||Brian Rast||United States||169,500|
|10||Travis Pearson||United States||165,500|
Love mixed games? Follow all the $1,500 Dealer's Choice action here
In this Series
- 1 2022 WSOP Day 1: Hellmuth Noticeable Absentee as WSOP Kicks Off
- 2 2022 WSOP Day 2: First Bracelet Awarded; Ivey Records a Cash
- 3 2022 WSOP Day 3: Peters Wins Gold; Seiver Hunting For Bracelet #4
- 4 2022 WSOP Day 4: Scott Seiver & Brad Ruben Win Bracelet #4
- 5 2022 WSOP Day 5: Smith Bags 25k Heads-Up Title; Housewarming Surpasses Guarantee
- 6 2022 WSOP Day 6: Szecsi Reels in His Third Bracelet; O8 Event Needs Extra Time
- 7 2022 WSOP Day 7: Dan Smith Flying High in the $50K High Roller
- 8 2022 WSOP Day 8: Schutten Leads $50K High Roller Final Six
- 9 2022 WSOP Day 9: Diebold, Schindler, and Moncek Strike Gold
- 10 2022 WSOP Day 10: Bronshtein and Foxen On Course For Bracelets
- 11 2022 WSOP Day 11: Three New Bracelet Winners Crowned, "ElkY" and Ivey Lead $10K Stud
- 12 2022 WSOP Day 12: Two More Bracelets Won; Friedman on Fire in the $10K Stud
- 13 2022 WSOP Day 13: Friedman Makes It Five; Two Other Champs Crowned
- 14 2022 WSOP Day 14: Three New Champions; Big Names Turn Out In Force
- 15 2022 WSOP Day 15: Karakitkov On Course for $50K PLO High Roller Title
- 16 2022 WSOP Day 16: The Busiest Day Yet For Bracelets as Four Awarded
- 17 2022 WSOP Day 17: Hastings Secures His Sixth WSOP Bracelet
- 18 2022 WSOP Day 18: MILLIONAIRE MAKER Draws Thousands of Runners
- 19 2022 WSOP Day 19: Hellmuth Flying High in $10K Deuce-to-Seven
- 20 2022 WSOP Day 20: Bromfman, Stovall, and 'PmpknHead' Secure Bracelets
- 21 2022 WSOP Day 21: Ivey Denied His 11th WSOP Bracelet
- 22 2022 WSOP Day 22: $10K Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Championship Finally Concludes!
- 23 2022 WSOP Day 23: Six Events in Play, One Champion Crowned
- 24 2022 WSOP Day 24: Ivey Bags a Big Stack in the $250K Super High Roller
- 25 2022 WSOP Day 25: Foxen Leads $250k Super High Roller, First Bracelet for Cyprus
- 26 2022 WSOP Day 26: HOF Nominee Liebert's Still Got It, How Foxen Won First Bracelet
- 27 2022 WSOP Day 27: Four Bracelets Awarded as $50K PPC Kicks Off
- 28 2022 WSOP Day 28: Kenney Leads the $50,000 PPC Event
- 29 2022 WSOP Day 29: Dzivielevski Leads the $50K PPC; Three Bracelets Awarded
- 30 2022 WSOP Day 30: The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men
- 31 2022 WSOP Day 31: Cates Crowned PPC Champ on a Crazy Day of Action
- 32 2022 WSOP Day 32: Eli Elezra Wins Again, Hellmuth Chasing a Bracelet
- 33 2022 WSOP Day 33: Phil Hellmuth Denied 17th Bracelet; Jackson, Barbero & Teusl Victorious
- 34 2022 WSOP Day 34: The Main Event Shuffles Up and Deals!
- 35 2022 WSOP Day 35: Another Huge Day of Main Event Action
- 36 2022 WSOP Day 36: Clarke Leads Main Event; Glantz Banks a Milly
- 37 2022 WSOP Day 37: Vaughn Kicks Off Huge Main Event Flight
- 38 2022 WSOP Day 38: Gavin Munroe Leads After Day 2abc of the Main Event
- 39 2022 WSOP Day 39: Bryn Kenney Among Top Stacks After Day 2d of Main Event
- 40 2022 WSOP Day 40: Main Event Enters the Money, Six Former Champs Still In
- 41 2022 WSOP Day 41: Taylor von Kriegenbergh Leads the Main Event Into Day 5
- 42 2022 WSOP Day 42: Audacious Bluff Puts Lococo Over 10M in the Main Event
- 43 2022 WSOP Day 43: Main Event Field Reduced to Only 35
- 44 2022 WSOP Day 44: Main Event Reaches Its Final Table
- 45 2022 WSOP Day 45: Colpoys Claims Chip Lead in the $50K High Roller
- 46 2022 WSOP Day 46: Jorstad Leads the Main Event Final Three; Vieira Claims Second Bracelet
- 47 2022 WSOP Day 47: Jorstad Crowned Main Event Champion as 2022 WSOP Nears End
- 48 2022 WSOP Day 48: Series Begins Wrapping Up; Five Champions Crowned
- 49 2022 WSOP Day 49: Cowen Leads the Tournament of Champions
- 50 2022 WSOP Day 50: Woof Leads Final 16 in the Tournament of Champions