2022 WSOP Day 22: $10K Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Championship Finally Concludes!
Table Of Contents
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (Maker Champion)
- Event #37: $1,500 Millionaire Maker Final Day Chip Counts
- Yockey Put The Chip Lead in His Saddlebags in the $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship
- Event #44: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship Top 10 Chip Counts
- Stefansky Leads As $1,500 PLO Event Reaches Day 2
- Event #45: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed Day 1 Top 10 Chip Counts
- Stars Turn Out in Force For The $5,000 NLHE 6-Max; Brewer Leads
- Event #46: $5,000 6-Handed No-Limit Hold'em Top 10 Chip Counts
The 2022 World Series of Poker (WSOP) is rapidly approaching the halfway stage and has settled into its new home at Bally's and Paris Las Vegas perfectly. Both vast tournament areas were crammed to the rafters with poker players of all ages and from all corners of the world, each chasing a sought-after gold WSOP bracelet.
Most of those who bought into events, or were part of tournaments already in play, fell by the wayside, such is the nature of tournament poker. However, three players turned their dreams of becoming a WSOP champion into reality when they won all the chips in play in their respective events.
Fabian Brandes took down Event #39: $3,000 Pot-Limit Omaha 6-Handed on Day 22 of the 2022 WSOP. Only six players of the 719 starters returned for the final day's action, and Brandes outlasted them all. He walked away with a piece of sought-after poker jewelry and $371,358 in prize money.
Event #40: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or Better Championship finally crowned its champion after an unscheduled Day 4 proved enough to conclude the tournament. Daniel Zack defeated David Funkhouser some eight hours after the one-on-one battle commenced. They scooped $324,174 and their third bracelet.
The third bracelet won on Day 22 of the 2022 WSOP went to David Perry, who will forever be known as the champion of Event #43: $500 Freezeout No-Limit Hold'em. Day 1 saw the 4,786 crowd whittled to only 202. Those 202 players busted at a terrific rate through Day 2, and it was Perry who emerged victoriously once the dust had settled. The victory came with $241,729 and, of course, that all-important gold bracelet. Perry defeated British legend Chris Moorman, who came agonizingly close to becoming a three-time WSOP champion.
Bookmark this page! All you need to know about the 2022 WSOP is here.
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (Maker Champion)
Only five players remain from a starting field of 7,961 in Event #37: $1,500 Millionaire Maker No-Limit Hold'em and it is Tyler Gaston who is the chip leader. Gaston finished Day 4 with a tournament-leading stack of 64,000,000 chips and will fancy his chances of securing his first WSOP bracelet and that massive $1,125,141 top prize.
Each of the final five players is now guaranteed $301,346 for their efforts but know they are only four eliminations away from becoming a poker champion. Yuliyan Kolev (58,300,000), Oren Rosen (43,000,000), Yita Choong (22,900,000), and Dominic Brazier (10,200,000) join Gaston on Day 5 from 4:00 p.m. local time on June 22 to play for this monster-sized top prize.
Event #37: $1,500 Millionaire Maker Final Day Chip Counts
|1||Tyler Gaston||United States||64,000,000|
|5||Dominic Brazier||United States||10,200,000|
Yockey Put The Chip Lead in His Saddlebags in the $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship
The 97 Day 1 survivors plus 17 late entrants battled it out on Day 2 of Event #44: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E Championship but only 22 of those players had chips that required bagging and tagging when the curtain came down on the night's proceedings. Bryce Yockey (1,465,000) is the man with the envious title of overnight chip leader, and is only one of two players to finish Day 2 with a seven-figure stack.
Eric Wasserson (1,025,000) is the tournament's other millionaire, in chips at least.
Day 3 will be a real treat for mixed games fans because the field is stack with top-tier pros. The likes of Ben Lamb (875,000), Eric Rodawig (835,000), Mike Gorodinsky (825,000), Eugene Katchalov (355,000), Shaun Deeb (320,000), and Brad Ruben (130,000) are just a handful of stellar names to look out for in the PokerNews updates on the penultimate day's action.
Event #44: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship Top 10 Chip Counts
|1||Bryce Yockey||United States||1,465,000|
|2||Eric Wasserson||United States||1,025,000|
|3||Jerry Wong||United States||885,000|
|4||Ben Lamb||United States||875,000|
|5||Andrew Yeh||United States||865,000|
|6||Eric Rodawig||United States||835,000|
|7||Mike Gorodinsky||United States||825,000|
|9||John Racener||United States||710,000|
Stefansky Leads As $1,500 PLO Event Reaches Day 2
Joshua Stefansky got off to a flying start in Event #45: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed, finishing with a colossal stack of 1,660,000 chips, almost twice the amount of his nearest rival, John Riordan (972,000). Stefansky leads the 97 surviving players from a starting field of 1,438 into Day 2 on June 22.
Plenty of well-known grinders join Stefansky and Riordan on Day 2, including Dylan Weisman (803,000), David Williams (769,000), Dash Dudley (742,000), and British PLO specialist Robert Cowen (93,000).
Will it be one of the players mentioned that claims the $311,782 top prize? Stay tuned to PokerNews to find out.
Event #45: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed Day 1 Top 10 Chip Counts
|1||Joshua Stefansky||United States||1,660,000||166|
|2||John Riordan||United States||972,000||97|
|3||Vincent Moscati||United States||959,000||96|
|4||Mark Liedtke||United States||943,000||94|
|6||Hossein Ghodosi||United States||826,000||83|
|7||Dylan Weisman||United States||803,000||80|
|8||David Levy||United States||784,000||78|
|9||Sander Van Wesemael||Netherlands||772,000||77|
|10||David Williams||United States||769,000||77|
Stars Turn Out in Force For The $5,000 NLHE 6-Max; Brewer Leads
Day 1 of Event #46: $5,000 6-Handed No-Limit Hold'em attracted 850 players and only 277 of those punched their Day 2 tickets. However, late registration remains open until the start of Day 2, which is at 2:00 p.m. on June 22, so expect more players to flood in.
Chris Brewer is the man with his name at the top of the overnight chips counts after bagging up 485,000 chips. Brewer pipped Oliver Bosch (480,000) to the post by a solitary T-5,000 chip.
Traditionally, this event lures in some of the best poker tournament players on the planet; this year's event continued that trend.
Aaron Van Blarcum (428,500), Taylor Paur (395,000), Chance Kornuth (339,500), Ryan Riess (317,500), David Peters (213,500), Daniel Negreanu (211,000), and Michael Gathy (175,000) are just a handful of players who are vying for this event's gold bracelet.
Event #46: $5,000 6-Handed No-Limit Hold'em Top 10 Chip Counts
|1||Chris Brewer||United States||485,000||194|
|3||Christian Pham||United States||455,000||182|
|4||Fikret Kovac||Boznia & Hervegovina||432,000||173|
|5||Aaron Van Blarcum||United States||428,500||171|
|6||Ian O'Hara||United States||419,000||167|
|7||Taylor Paur||United States||395,000||158|
|8||Hui Kuo||United States||392,000||157|
In this Series
- 1 2022 WSOP Day 1: Hellmuth Noticeable Absentee as WSOP Kicks Off
- 2 2022 WSOP Day 2: First Bracelet Awarded; Ivey Records a Cash
- 3 2022 WSOP Day 3: Peters Wins Gold; Seiver Hunting For Bracelet #4
- 4 2022 WSOP Day 4: Scott Seiver & Brad Ruben Win Bracelet #4
- 5 2022 WSOP Day 5: Smith Bags 25k Heads-Up Title; Housewarming Surpasses Guarantee
- 6 2022 WSOP Day 6: Szecsi Reels in His Third Bracelet; O8 Event Needs Extra Time
- 7 2022 WSOP Day 7: Dan Smith Flying High in the $50K High Roller
- 8 2022 WSOP Day 8: Schutten Leads $50K High Roller Final Six
- 9 2022 WSOP Day 9: Diebold, Schindler, and Moncek Strike Gold
- 10 2022 WSOP Day 10: Bronshtein and Foxen On Course For Bracelets
- 11 2022 WSOP Day 11: Three New Bracelet Winners Crowned, "ElkY" and Ivey Lead $10K Stud
- 12 2022 WSOP Day 12: Two More Bracelets Won; Friedman on Fire in the $10K Stud
- 13 2022 WSOP Day 13: Friedman Makes It Five; Two Other Champs Crowned
- 14 2022 WSOP Day 14: Three New Champions; Big Names Turn Out In Force
- 15 2022 WSOP Day 15: Karakitkov On Course for $50K PLO High Roller Title
- 16 2022 WSOP Day 16: The Busiest Day Yet For Bracelets as Four Awarded
- 17 2022 WSOP Day 17: Hastings Secures His Sixth WSOP Bracelet
- 18 2022 WSOP Day 18: MILLIONAIRE MAKER Draws Thousands of Runners
- 19 2022 WSOP Day 19: Hellmuth Flying High in $10K Deuce-to-Seven
- 20 2022 WSOP Day 20: Bromfman, Stovall, and 'PmpknHead' Secure Bracelets
- 21 2022 WSOP Day 21: Ivey Denied His 11th WSOP Bracelet
- 22 2022 WSOP Day 22: $10K Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Championship Finally Concludes!
- 23 2022 WSOP Day 23: Six Events in Play, One Champion Crowned
- 24 2022 WSOP Day 24: Ivey Bags a Big Stack in the $250K Super High Roller
- 25 2022 WSOP Day 25: Foxen Leads $250k Super High Roller, First Bracelet for Cyprus
- 26 2022 WSOP Day 26: HOF Nominee Liebert's Still Got It, How Foxen Won First Bracelet
- 27 2022 WSOP Day 27: Four Bracelets Awarded as $50K PPC Kicks Off
- 28 2022 WSOP Day 28: Kenney Leads the $50,000 PPC Event
- 29 2022 WSOP Day 29: Dzivielevski Leads the $50K PPC; Three Bracelets Awarded
- 30 2022 WSOP Day 30: The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men
- 31 2022 WSOP Day 31: Cates Crowned PPC Champ on a Crazy Day of Action
- 32 2022 WSOP Day 32: Eli Elezra Wins Again, Hellmuth Chasing a Bracelet
- 33 2022 WSOP Day 33: Phil Hellmuth Denied 17th Bracelet; Jackson, Barbero & Teusl Victorious
- 34 2022 WSOP Day 34: The Main Event Shuffles Up and Deals!
- 35 2022 WSOP Day 35: Another Huge Day of Main Event Action
- 36 2022 WSOP Day 36: Clarke Leads Main Event; Glantz Banks a Milly
- 37 2022 WSOP Day 37: Vaughn Kicks Off Huge Main Event Flight
- 38 2022 WSOP Day 38: Gavin Munroe Leads After Day 2abc of the Main Event
- 39 2022 WSOP Day 39: Bryn Kenney Among Top Stacks After Day 2d of Main Event
- 40 2022 WSOP Day 40: Main Event Enters the Money, Six Former Champs Still In
- 41 2022 WSOP Day 41: Taylor von Kriegenbergh Leads the Main Event Into Day 5
- 42 2022 WSOP Day 42: Audacious Bluff Puts Lococo Over 10M in the Main Event
- 43 2022 WSOP Day 43: Main Event Field Reduced to Only 35
- 44 2022 WSOP Day 44: Main Event Reaches Its Final Table
- 45 2022 WSOP Day 45: Colpoys Claims Chip Lead in the $50K High Roller
- 46 2022 WSOP Day 46: Jorstad Leads the Main Event Final Three; Vieira Claims Second Bracelet
- 47 2022 WSOP Day 47: Jorstad Crowned Main Event Champion as 2022 WSOP Nears End
- 48 2022 WSOP Day 48: Series Begins Wrapping Up; Five Champions Crowned
- 49 2022 WSOP Day 49: Cowen Leads the Tournament of Champions
- 50 2022 WSOP Day 50: Woof Leads Final 16 in the Tournament of Champions