Addamo & Davies Double Up in First Level of EPT Barcelona €25K Single-Day High Roller I
Table Of Contents
PokerNews' live coverage of the 2022 PokerStars and Barcelona Casino European Poker Tour (EPT) continues today, with reporters currently providing live updates from the €1,100 Estrellas Poker Tour (ESPT) Main Event and €25,000 Single-Day High Roller I.
The ESPT Main Event has seen its six starting flights merge into one field for Day 2 and will reach its conclusion Sunday, August 14. The first single-day high roller event of the series however, will play out in its entirety, finishing only when a winner is crowned.
The tournament began just after 12:30 p.m. local time, with players starting with 100,000 in chips. Level one had blinds of 500/1,000, meaning each player who sat down for Level 1 began with 100 big blinds. Late registration is upon until the start of Level 11, which will be around 6:30 p.m. on the Spanish coast.
As it stands, there have been 37 entries in the first five levels. As always, be sure to head to our live reporting hub to keep up with the latest action.
Best Free to Play Slots
Addamo and Davies Score Early Doubles
Two players who've had a dream start to the €25K are Seth Davies and high roller boss Michael Addamo.
The Australian saw his starting stack double in size after outdrawing Sirzat Hissou. All the chips got into the middle on the river of the A♠Q♥3♣2♥2♠ board, with Addamo holding five-four offsuit for a wheel. Hissou had ace-three suited and sent his hand into the muck after the pot headed towards his opponent.
Davies then sent Ben Heath to the rail after a classic pre-flop encounter. Heath had pocket kings and was up against Davies' big slick. An ace came on the flop to put the American in the lead and the board ran out with bricks in favour of Davies.
Then just before the first break of the day in the high roller, Addamo was seen adding more chips to his ever-increasing stack. Pascal Lefrancois fired a triple barrel bluff on the 5♠5♣2♥5♥K♦ board, emptying the clip on the river. Addamo snap-called with his six-five suited to take the pot down with quads and boost his stack to 450,000.
A host of pokers elite players are also taking part, with the likes of Nick Petrangelo, Dan Smith and Mikita Badziakouski all registered in the event.
Can Benitez Win a Third EPT Barcelona Title?
One player who has had a week to remember already in Barcelona is Francisco Benitez. The Uruguayan has already picked up two spadie trophies inside the last week, emerging victorious in the €10,200 Mystery Bounty and €25,000 No-Limit Hold'em events.
In the Mystery Bounty tournament Benitez topped the 91 player field to capture the €114,080 up top as well as claiming an extra €110,000 in bounties. He then went back-to-back and took down the first EPT Barcelona €25,000 buy-in event for a further €341,565.
Benitez also has a stack in the ongoing €25K, however he currently only has 51,000 in chips. He will need to spin it up if he wants to make hat-trick of wins in three consecutive events.
Keep up with all the action by going to our European Poker Tour Hub
EPT Barcelona Events Covered by PokerNews' Live Reporting Team
|August 9-14||#6: €1,100 Estrellas Poker Tour|
|August 12||#16: €25,000 No-Limit Hold'em Single Day High Roller I|
|August 13||#20: €50,000 No-Limit Hold'em Single Day High Roller I|
|August 14-15||#26: €2,200 Estrellas Poker Tour High Roller|
|August 14-16||#27: €100,000 EPT Super High Roller|
|August 15-21||#29: €5,300 EPT Barcelona Main Event|
|August 16||#34: €50,000 No-Limit Hold'em Single Day High Roller II|
|August 17-19||#38: €3,000 Mystery Bounty Championship|
|August 18||#41: €25,000 No-Limit Hold'em Sibgle Day High Roller II|
|August 19-20||#49: €1,650 Mystery Bounty|
|August 19-21||#51: €10,300 EPT Barcelona High Roller|
|August 20-21||#56: €25,000 No-Limit Hold'em II|
Calum has been a part of the PokerNews team since September 2021 after working in the UK energy sector. He played his first hand of poker in 2017 and immediately fell in love with the game. Calum's proudest poker achievement is winning the only tournament he has ever played in Las Vegas, the prestigious $60 Flamingo evening event.
In this Series
- 1 Francisco Benitez Triumphs in EPT Barcelona €10,200 Mystery Bounty (€114,080)
- 2 Win the ULTIMATE Oracle Red Bull Racing Experience at EPT Barcelona
- 3 Francisco Benitez Secures Second 2022 EPT Barcelona Title; Wins €25,000 No Limit Hold'em I (€341,565)
- 4 Addamo & Davies Double Up in First Level of EPT Barcelona €25K Single-Day High Roller I
- 5 Artur Martirosian Takes Down EPT Barcelona €25,000 Single-Day High Roller I (€540,990)
- 6 Fourth-Time's a Charm For Watson in the EPT Barcelona €50,000 High Roller
- 7 Rick van Bruggen Wins Record-Breaking Estrellas Poker Tour Main Event
- 8 WOW! PokerStars EPT Barcelona Smashes Record for Biggest Main Event Field
- 9 Miroslav Alilovic Wins Estrellas Poker Tour High Roller (€512,650)
- 10 Mikita Badziakouski Wins EPT Barcelona €100K Super High Roller for a Second Time
- 11 Another for Michael Addamo; Conquers EPT Barcelona €50K Single Day High Roller II
- 12 Defending EPT Barcelona Champ Simon Brandstrom Taking it "One Hand at a Time" on Hunt for Second Title
- 13 Yamato Nakai Wins $30,000 PSPC Platinum Pass in EPT Barcelona Mystery Bounty
- 14 Leonard Maue Denies Benitez Third Straight Title to Win the €25,000 Single-Day High Roller
- 15 Patrik Jaros Leads Final Six in PokerStars EPT Barcelona €5,300 Main Event
- 16 Mikolaj Zawadzki Wins EPT Barcelona €1,650 Mystery Bounty (€95,418)
- 17 Could YOU Make This Hero Call at an EPT Main Event Final Table?
- 18 Steve O'Dwyer "No Longer Angry" After EPT Barcelona €25,000 High Roller Victory
- 19 Portugal's Rui Ferreira Takes Down €10,300 EPT High Roller for €767,750
- 20 Giuliano Bendinelli Comes Back From One Big Blind to Win the 2022 EPT Barcelona Main Event (€1,491,133)
- 21 Five Key Hands from EPT Barcelona Main Event Heads-Up Battle