Top Pair Podcast 306: Who's At Your Ultimate Fantasy Home Poker Game?
In episode 306 of the Top Pair Home Game Poker Podcast, Bruce Briggs and Robbie Strazynski engage in a fantasy draft of sorts to see which players they’d love to have seated at their ultimate home poker game. Some of their selections might shock you!
The guys then catch you up on all their own home game happenings, with Robbie barely getting any time to play but winning heaps, while Bruce looks to purposely bust out of a tournament early… for financial reasons?!
In closing, a poetic One Outer segment that’ll leave the taste of sorbet in your mouth.
Show Time Stamps
|1:01–21:52||How Ya Runnin?|
|Robbie: Only 2.5 hours to play home game poker in the last two weeks; reflections on the difficulty of leaving when the game’s still going, especially when you’re up big and running well. Plus a fun hit & run story.|
|Bruce: Still adding new games into the weekly home game mix. Up 120 BB in the latest cash game! Also, discussing an interesting situation where it pays to be the “lonesome loser” in a poker tournament. Does a crazy style of play in order to try and bust out first make you a douche?|
|23:11–54:04||Just a Few Folks Coming Over…|
|23:45||Brief review of Mike Sexton’s Dream Home Game. Should it be a cash game or sit n’ go? What refreshments to serve? What music should be playing in the background, if at all? Who would the lineup consist of?|
|27:45||Who would the players be in Bruce and Robbie’s 9-handed home game, and why? Two players apiece from each category listed below.|
|28:28||Poker Heroes: Barry Greenstein and Phil Gordon (Bruce); Daniel Negreanu and Chris Moneymaker (Robbie)|
|34:15||Historical Figures: President Harry Truman and Johnny Carson (Robbie); President Richard Nixon and Winston Churchill (Bruce)|
|39:10||Celebrities: Jason Alexander and Lou Diamond Phillips (Bruce); Ray Romano and Gabe Kaplan (Robbie)|
|46:10||Fictional Characters: James Bond and Macho Man Randy Savage (Robbie); Tyrion Lannister and Jamil Malik|
|54:13||One Outer – Within a rotation of a bunch of mixed games, a very poetic reflection on the role that No Limit Hold’em plays. Sorbet, anyone?|
* First 296 episodes are archived and available at www.toppair.net
Everybody needs an account at one of these online poker rooms! They're the biggest, the best, and we get you the best poker bonuses. Check out our online poker section for details on all the online poker rooms around.
In this Series
- 1 Top Pair Podcast 297: Welcome to PokerNews; Sarah Herring Interview
- 2 Top Pair Podcast 298: Mixed Games - The Rules of... "Scrotum"
- 3 Top Pair Podcast 299: Interview with Bernard Lee
- 4 Top Pair Podcast 300: Sean Chaffin Talks 'True Gambling Stories'
- 5 Top Pair Podcast 301: When a Poker Noob Wins a Bad Beat Jackpot
- 6 Top Pair Podcast 302: Interview with Chris Moneymaker
- 7 Top Pair Podcast 303: Interview w/ New Home Game Player Shannon Mack
- 8 Top Pair Podcast 304: For a Successful Home Game, Just Stay Calm!
- 9 Top Pair Podcast 305: Interview with John Hesp
- 10 Top Pair Podcast 306: Who's At Your Ultimate Fantasy Home Poker Game?
- 11 Top Pair Podcast 307: Interview with Scott Blumstein
- 12 Top Pair Podcast 308: The Ultimate Ladies Home Poker Game
- 13 Top Pair Podcast 309: Home Game Dealing, Shuffling, and Tipping
- 14 Top Pair Podcast 310: Interview With Lupe Soto
- 15 Top Pair Podcast 311: WPT TOC, SHRB, Short Deck, and Bad Beats Aplenty
- 16 Top Pair Podcast 312: Interview with Aria Poker Room's Mike Williams
- 17 Top Pair Podcast 313: Behind the Scenes at the 2018 WSOP Main Event
- 18 Top Pair Podcast 314: Interview with Faded Spade Playing Cards founder Tom Wheaton
- 19 Top Pair Podcast 315: What American Poker Players Can Expect in Europe